GDT: Game 8: Detroit Red Wings vs wild | 10/29/2022 | 7 PM ET (BSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
a wins a win but that wasn’t a fun game to watch.

If zadina can’t be in the top 9 with 8 guys injured. He’s done. once we’re healthy he won’t play. Bet he plays less than 40 games this year

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Gotta say it's so refreshing to see a team that has the ability to shut things down defensively in the 3rd period. That was clinical. Minnesota had a lot of possession in low danger areas, very few actual chances.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
a wins a win but that wasn’t a fun game to watch.

If zadina can’t be in the top 9 with 8 guys injured. He’s done. once we’re healthy he won’t play. Bet he plays less than 40 games this year
Why wasn't that a fun game to watch?

Raymond with 2, has a fantastic game overall. Wings manage to close out a tight game, something they were mostly incapable of last season.

All without Bertuzzi, Vrana, Rasmussen...

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Husso needs to be starting going forward, Raymond was great. Zadina quietly had a good game imo, so did Chairot.

Not to complain, but Suter was atrocious, at least 3 developing scoring chances this game I counted when a pass was on his tape and he fumbled it. He was entirely ineffective, swap him out.

Reactions: jfrank21 and jaster

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Not vintage stuff, but to keep a high scoring team to 1 without the goalie having to stand on his head is pretty good given how many players the wings have out. Suter was never that great, but my god he's been awful this season. At least Zadina is trying to compete as best he can and having the odd good play. Both look on their way out.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Well was hoping for more than a one shot third period but hey they defended around the net well, and Raymond getting a couple goals is pretty nice.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
If you didn't think that was a fun game to watch, maybe hockey isn't for you

It really wasn't the most entertaining but less frustrating than we have looked over the last couple games. Carolina lost 6 to 2 last night and they were more entertaining to watch than the Wings beating Minnesota. Just Carolina 5 on 3 attempt that they didn't even score on was more exciting than anything the Wings done tonight.

Panthers pushing late in 3rd against Philly last night was more entertaining.

Those are just the two games I watched last night that were more entertaining, let alone the rest of the season. Now I'm about to flip to another game, won't be surprised if it's better looking hockey.

I think your standards of good hockey have lowered watching the Wings over the years. They are very frustrating to watch, even when winning. They aren't fluid with the puck at all.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Husso needs to be starting going forward, Raymond was great. Zadina quietly had a good game imo, so did Chairot.

Not to complain, but Suter was atrocious, at least 3 developing scoring chances this game I counted when a pass was on his tape and he fumbled it. He was entirely ineffective, swap him out.
Swap him out for who?????

• Haha
Reactions: SoupGuru

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Just getting back home but my God that first goal by Ray Ray was sexy AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad