GDT: Game 8: Detroit Red Wings vs wild | 10/29/2022 | 7 PM ET (BSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (5).png

Expecting Ned in net, will see if there is any lineup changes tomorrow.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I anticipate Ras out since he's having a hearing for that Krejci high stick.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
It’s hard for me to not feel like the sky is falling. Our teams advanced stats game after game are absolutely horrible, the only teams we’ve beat are dumpster fires, and the first NJ game they heavily outplayed us but had goalie play. Seider is playing the stay at home role instead of chiarot, he’s off PP1 and is getting less minutes than Hronek. Raymond looks like a shell of himself, Zadina sucks and all our players are injured. We have given up 5 goals in almost half our games, and gave up 4 to horrendous chicago when we choked. These things don’t look like they’re going to change soon, and it will be a process but still something about this team looks dead, things feel different to me and I’m finding myself less invested. Oh and we are paying Copp 5 and a half million to block shots. One thing I know about the NHL is mid season turnarounds are not likely, by thanksgiving majority of teams are what they will be. We have 3 weeks or I think we are already dead in the water again for the 7th straight season.

Reactions: Dtybur

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
It’s hard for me to not feel like the sky is falling. Our teams advanced stats game after game are absolutely horrible, the only teams we’ve beat are dumpster fires, and the first NJ game they heavily outplayed us but had goalie play. Seider is playing the stay at home role instead of chiarot, he’s off PP1 and is getting less minutes than Hronek. Raymond looks like a shell of himself, Zadina sucks and all our players are injured. We have given up 5 goals in almost half our games, and gave up 4 to horrendous chicago when we choked. These things don’t look like they’re going to change soon, and it will be a process but still something about this team looks dead, things feel different to me and I’m finding myself less invested. Oh and we are paying Copp 5 and a half million to block shots. One thing I know about the NHL is mid season turnarounds are not likely, by thanksgiving majority of teams are what they will be. We have 3 weeks or I think we are already dead in the water again for the 7th straight season.
It’s been 6 games…

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Ras is gone 2 games

I expect

Kubalik Larkin Perron
Erne Copp Raymond
Soderblom Veleno Zadina
Luff Suter *Hirose/Cznarnik

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Here we go again

Hopefully just a maintenance day

OMFG. That has shutout written all over it.

I'm not watching unless DBoss plays, this team has zero chance of winning without him.

This team might be better off letting DBoss and Bert walk, then draft some prospects that can actually play an entire season. This team just has way too many health issues.

I'm already looking at a Copp buyout, lol. (Should I call that a Copp out?)

Reactions: avssuc

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Ras is gone 2 games

I expect

Kubalik Larkin Perron
Erne Copp Raymond
Soderblom Veleno Zadina
You'll probably get Osterle at forward instead for 2 games.... or 11 - 7

OMFG. That has shutout written all over it.

I'm not watching unless DBoss plays, this team has zero chance of winning without him.

This team might be better off letting DBoss and Bert walk, then draft some prospects that can actually play an entire season. This team just has way too many health issues.

I'm already looking at a Copp buyout, lol. (Should I call that a Copp out?)
"Maintenance Day", relax

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota

I disagree with your conclusion. We have essentially a new team and new coaches. Even without the high-level injuries in play (every team has injuries), doesn't it make sense for the new coach and GM to say "the rebuild is done, and we'll be as good as we can be, but we still have lots of things to learn and teach, and that's more important than winning every game."?

Early in the season is a good time to try and see what players and the team overall can handle. What it can do, and how best to make it all happen. Maybe coach told Seider and Raymond "look, statistics say you're not going to be as stellar this year as last, and you know what? That's OK, because we brought in a bunch of veterans to back you up and learn from. I want you, Mo, to be a little more stay-at-home and watch this Chiarot guy for a bit, see what he does. Lucas, I want you to try more setups and wall play." Etc.

I don't know that that happened and I doubt that it did, exactly, but if you're not expecting to charge into the playoffs, and management and the whole team knows what the plan is, then a few bad games and odd assignments don't seem that horrific to me. If nothing gels and it turns out this is the best the team can do (good against the bad, bad against the good), THEN some worry is justified. But I can hardly see that we're there yet.

IMO.

Reactions: Dtybur
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Ras is gone 2 games

I expect

Kubalik Larkin Perron
Erne Copp Raymond
Soderblom Veleno Zadina

As stupid as this sounds, Zadina needs to be on the 2nd line in this scenario. Need some skill up there with Raymond, and Erne and Copp aren't skill guys at all. I would go:

Kubalik Larkin Perron
Zadina Copp Raymond
Soderblom Veleno Erne
Luff Suter Czarnik

Regardless of what we do, this is a terrible group of forwards. A couple injuries, a suspension and the Vrana situation, and suddenly our team looks like an AHL team.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
"Maintenance Day", relax
If it was really a maintenance day, wouldn't it make more sense to have Veleno/Suter sub in for Larkin instead of moving Copp up a line? Wasn't Sunny also taking a "maintenance day"?

Plus with Raz missing 2 games, Veleno should probably be on the 3rd line regardless.

Also, Oesterle should be on the 4th line because he's worse than Luff. Plus we can all place bets on who scores first, Samurai Zadina or Oh for Oesterle. It'll be more fair if they're on the same line, so there's no excuse about having better linemates or whatever, lol.

Regardless, the team is a shitshow, probably not worth watching until Bert and Fabbri return.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
If it was really a maintenance day, wouldn't it make more sense to have Veleno/Suter sub in for Larkin instead of moving Copp up a line? Wasn't Sunny also taking a "maintenance day"?

Plus with Raz missing 2 games, Veleno should probably be on the 3rd line regardless.

Also, Oesterle should be on the 4th line because he's worse than Luff. Plus we can all place bets on who scores first, Samurai Zadina or Oh for Oesterle. It'll be more fair if they're on the same line, so there's no excuse about having better linemates or whatever, lol.

Regardless, the team is a shitshow, probably not worth watching until Bert and Fabbri return.
I didn't make it up, Uncle Fester said it was "that kind of day"

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I didn't make it up, Uncle Fester said it was "that kind of day"
I didn't say you did. I was just saying Fester said Sunny was taking a maintenance day, and I said they needed to call up Luff. Same thing here, I'm doubting him, not you. No hard feelings bud, I was not arguing with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad