GDT: Game 8: Detroit Red Wings vs wild | 10/29/2022 | 7 PM ET (BSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
This team is missing Bertuzzi, Vrana, Rasmussen, Fabbri.
They had Smith (who I thought did well) and Luff (who??) in the lineup.
Raymond didn't just get off the schneid. He looked like peak Raymond from last season
Erne made great plays with the minutes he was given
Husso looks like a starter
Looks like Seider is finding his game
The Wings looked slow and got outworked in the 1st but managed to turn it around and come away with a regulation win

It may not have been pretty but holy hell I'll take a win like that under the circumstances

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Not vintage stuff, but to keep a high scoring team to 1 without the goalie having to stand on his head is pretty good given how many players the wings have out. Suter was never that great, but my god he's been awful this season. At least Zadina is trying to compete as best he can and having the odd good play. Both look on their way out.
I did not watch the game but yeah, team defense is what wins Cups unless you have TBL/Avs type firepower. Trotz has taken lesser teams to the playoffs, and it's boring hockey TBH, but effective way to win when you only have one decent center.

Did Mick get some new veneers? His teeth are practically glowing.
Obviously this is the most important topic, lol.

Bleaching will do that, my best friend got his bleached and I was amazed at the results. I am unfortunately a smoker so I've never bothered. Figured bleaching would just make the stains stick worse.

• Haha
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Boys turned in a nice performance tonight. Best game of the young season

roman star

ready to march
Feb 17, 2019
so nice to finally see two big rugged dmen patroling our end banging people when it gets down to crunch time , keep them together all season hopefully

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Husso needs to be starting going forward, Raymond was great. Zadina quietly had a good game imo, so did Chairot.

Not to complain, but Suter was atrocious, at least 3 developing scoring chances this game I counted when a pass was on his tape and he fumbled it. He was entirely ineffective, swap him out.
Suter has been so bad this year. This was at least his 3rd game this year where I counted at least 3 plays where the Wings offense just died on his stick, or he bungled a scoring opp. He’s been worse than Erne was last season. He’s worse than Zadina. He’s in the Oesterle tier for me at this point.

With everyone healthy, there’s just no way Suter plays. This guy is not top-12 on this roster, or even close. Not sure he’s even top-14.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Overall, good job by the boys grinding one out and picking up a couple of the weaker players, like Suter, and Ken Daniels who drove me crazy all night calling Calen Addison “Anderson” instead. C’mon, Ken, you’re better than that.

Reactions: Go Wings and ZEBROA

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
This team is missing Bertuzzi, Vrana, Rasmussen, Fabbri.
They had Smith (who I thought did well) and Luff (who??) in the lineup.
Raymond didn't just get off the schneid. He looked like peak Raymond from last season
Erne made great plays with the minutes he was given
Husso looks like a starter
Looks like Seider is finding his game
The Wings looked slow and got outworked in the 1st but managed to turn it around and come away with a regulation win

It may not have been pretty but holy hell I'll take a win like that under the circumstances
My 3 stars, in no particular order, are…

- Raymond
- Husso
- Erne (even thought he screwed up on the goal against, he made a lot of nice plays and showed peak hustle)

HM to Seider who had a nice game, hopefully he’s coming around.

Shoutout to Hronek for ever-so-casually making a Mason Shaw sandwich after the dude had been tangled up with Perron.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Erne did play well, Smith was noticeable a lot and had hustle, playing like he wanted to stay. I felt like he forced a couple shots but he had a solid game.

Hope Luff is alright, not sure if he was needing stitches or he lost a few teeth but it didn't look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad