GDT: Game 8: Columbus at Minnesota | 10/22 8PM EDT

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I wonder if foligno is a flash in the pan honestly. God he plays like he's in his late 30's.

Just to throw some fuel on the fire - I think 70 point Foligno was; hopefully 50 pt Foligno is present for the duration of his deal.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I agree, we could win a lot of games playing like that.

Hartnell doesn't get around so well anymore but is still a very effective possession player and playmaker.

I remember him as being WAY nastier. I was dreading him bullying our smaller players, but it just didn't seem to happen.

I added to post above, but it bears repeating that Wennberg looked good.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
You know, the wave of negativism is really getting out of hand on this board. Ok, we got off to a bad start, but they played well last year and most knowledgable Hockey experts tagged them as a playoff team.. I tend to doubt that was the result of some kind of mass hysteria.

Ok , we got off to a bad start. But we now have a new coach who is a proven winner and has one of those rings on his finger. So let's just calm down and get behind these guys who now have a lot of work to do to get out of this hole they dug for themselves.

Nothing is gained by the hysterical doom and gloom posting during the third week of October.

If the Jackets go on an 8 game winning streak, then they'd still need a 60% winning percentage in the final 66 games to reach 95 points.

If you can put a positive spin on this, then more power to you.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Not ready to call Foligno a flash in the pan just yet.. to me he's just been trying too hard to carry everything on his shoulders. Still one of the hardest workers.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
There were a few times last night that the puck would end up in the corner and Foligno and Saad would both pursue it. I think Foligno is trying to do to much, maybe Saad as well. If they are trying to cover for a line mate who may or may not be doing his own job that could be a big part of this.

It was similar to watching kids (up to about 10 years old) playing soccer. Everyone following the ball everywhere instead of trusting that your teammate has it and will pass it to you. Pod soccer.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
This may 100% true, but if it's coming from a Rangers beat writer......it means nothing as far as I am concerned.

How would get the info and the guys that cover that Jackets don't? Makes no sense

Sounds like a guy who didn't get along with Torts in NY starting some BS

Until he reveals source......I ain't buying

Note: This story and Joey's conditioning and effort are two totally separate issues

zelbell

Oct 6, 2014
Columbus
If Joey wants to truly become a great player, he's gonna have to learn how to handle criticism like this because he hasn't looked good at all yet this season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This may 100% true, but if it's coming from a Rangers beat writer......it means nothing as far as I am concerned.

How would get the info and the guys that cover that Jackets don't? Makes no sense

Note: This story and Joey's conditioning and effort are two totally separate issues

This. Brooks and Torts have had world famous run ins with each other. Not saying his reporting is inaccurate or whatever, but its something to keep in mind.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
So Torts can gauge a player's conditioning in one period?:laugh:

Me thinks very strongly that the FO is pulling the strings on this one (if this is true). They still haven't gotten over the fact that #19 had the audacity to demand fair market value and didn't bow to their silly low ball offers.

Last edited:

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I'm not sure how firing a coach could somehow turn this team into a bigger **** show, but it still somehow seems to have happened.

thebus2288*

Me thinks very strongly that the FO is pulling the strings on this one (if this is true). They still haven't gotten over the fact that #19 had the audacity to demand fair market value and didn't bow to their silly low ball offers.

:help: We will win nothing with Ryan Johansen as our #1 center.

I'm not sure how firing a coach could somehow turn this team into a bigger **** show, but it still somehow seems to have happened.

Well it WAS Ryan Johansen AND the Bluejackets.

NOW

Its Ryan Johansen, John Tortorella.......AND the bluejackets

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
How bad has this start been?

The Jackets have scored 15 goals and given up 37 for a goals differential of -22.

Montreal, which has started 8-0-0, has scored 30 goals and given up 9 for a goals differential of +21.

In 8 games, the Jackets have a goals differential of -43 relative to Montreal's. That comes to -5.375 goals per game.

Oh my:amazed:

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

You really are never going to let that contract negotiation go, are you? I'm still hopeful that Joey will be a Blue Jacket for life and will find his way. But, I'm glad we didn't sign him long-term back then as I think he needs to have that carrot out in front of him. He's playing like he's already waiting it out for his 6 million payday to hit next year.

I'm sure the Joey came up in conversations with Torts and FO in his first day. But, I seriously doubt that Torts is doing anything with his lineup because the FO told him to do so. If he sat Joey in the third, it's because he thought others could do better, not because the FO told him to use the whip.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Positive spin? We are 8 points out of a playoff spot with 74 games to play. I think i will continue to watch to see what they can do. Maybe they have another 15-1 streak in them.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Positive spin? We are 8 points out of a playoff spot with 74 games to play. I think i will continue to watch to see what they can do. Maybe they have another 15-1 streak in them.

This new, more positive EDM is a pleasant surprise! I agree, though, they're not dead yet. If Torts can have enough impact to get them back to where they were in the last months of the past season, we'd be in for the hockey ride of the century!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Agreed.. I feel the same exact way.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

There is no way I can agree with Torts being told by the FO to stomp on Joey. Half the posters on this board have been calling him out for several games. The fantasy hockey players were too absorbed in their PPG stats to notice that he has had almost no impact on any game played yet this year. A message needs to be sent to him. I hope it was and everybody gets it. Otherwise, whatever. I hope he stays forever, but not at any cost.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

head_in_sand_2.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad