GDT: Game 8: Columbus at Los Angeles | 10/26 4PM EDT

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
"They're just a team that, they're just annoying to play against really," defenseman Drew Doughty told LAKingsInsider.com after practice Saturday. "They run around, they finish all their hits. They're dirty in a little bit of ways. At the same time, they've got a lot of skill and they're a good team. It's not that they're a bad team to play against, it just [stinks] when you're getting hit so often. Every single guy on that team finishes. It's hard to play against, but it's something that as the game goes on you get used to and gets you more into the game."

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020118&navid=sb:preview

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
At least if things go south I won't have to worry about having stayed up late. Hopefully we hit more instead of reaching with sticks. I know positioning is important but so is making the other team make mistakes.

This lineup really worries me; didn't think we'd be testing our depth as much as we have

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 15s15 seconds ago
Ryan Murray activated off IR by #CBJ. Alexander Wennberg has been assigned to @TheFalconsAHL.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 33s34 seconds ago
#CBJ RW Cam Atkinson will not play today vs. #LAKings

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 9s9 seconds ago
#CBJ forwards Marko Dano and Corey Tropp with draw in today vs. #LAKings

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
A Jackets victory would please me greatly, especially with all the 'Lumbus and "who are they trading us for our next cup" crap from Kings fans. Humiliation for Carter would make it just that much sweeter. With all the injuries, it seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened, I suppose.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Let's just say I disagree with a lot of roster/line/pair decisions Richards makes.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Wait, can someone tell me what happened to Atkinson?
I was too tired and pissed off to continue watching after the 3-1 goal on Friday...

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
So with all that news today, here's a guess on what the lines will be for the first shift...

Hartnell - Johansen - Foligno
Calvert - Anisimov - Dano
Tropp/Cracknell - Letestu - Skille
Cracknell/Tropp - Chaput - Boll

Johnson - Tyutin
Murray - Wiz
Prout - Savard

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Let's hope Wennberg being sent to the AHL also means Jenner and Dubi's Rehab are going well.

Someone help me....I think they said 5 week recovery expected for Jenner. has to be getting close to that time table if it holds......when was his surgery?

Thanks

Go Jackets!

jag72

Jun 9, 2011
He took a skate to the face Friday. It's only superficial but they're giving him time to heal a bit, I guess.

It was more than superficial as it took around 30 stitches for a 1 1/2 inch gash. I heard it was very deep and most of the stitches were internal. His eye was completely swelled shut yesterday so there needs to be some healing before he will be able to see 100%.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Holy hell, just saw Cam's eye on Blue Jackets pregame. It's damn near swollen shut. That looks extremely painful. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad