GDT: Game 8: Blues at Red Wings 2/1/13 at 6:30 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I really like how Steen handled himself after the game. He is clearly pissed off, but he did a great job of keeping his emotions under control.

I suggest we all do the same as well. We have been through this before, we will go though it again, and last year we still overcame.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
If Oshie wanted to give them a goal he should have just put it in himself. Just play the puck instead of trying to make a pointless hit. Oh well not that it made any difference.
Zetterberg was going to get to the puck before Oshie. He did the right thing considering there was no chance a ref was giving us another penalty and he wasn't getting to the puck.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
There was a pretty big gap between Z and Oshie when that race started, and Z ate it up so fast I thought he was going to walk right around Oshie at the end of that play to tuck it in.

A dive might have worked to sweep it to the corner, but then Z just walks over and picks it up judging by how long it took the 3rd man back to enter the play.

Not a lot of great options at that point. He just didn't have any legs left to my eyes. I agree with CN...the Pk time (especially with a long kill right at the end) and back-to-back pretty much sucked the jump out of the team there by the end.

illninofan*

I suggest we all do the same as well. We have been through this before, we will go though it again, and last year we still overcame.

Yep.

On that note, I'm going to go bed. If I stay up posting on these forums this evening, I'm just going to get myself in trouble.

Good night.

:p: @ the refs.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Could be worse, could be a playoff game. Blues will be still be the #1 seed in the West. Adversity is good for a team. It makes them hate to lose even more.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I can't even read the comments on NHL.com anymore. The bandwagon Wings fans are unbearable. Wings fans on HF are usually level headed, but I swear they have some of the worst fringe fans in all of sports. I'm shutting down the computer for the night. It's just going to piss me off.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
So, is it too much to hope that Backes does not get suspended as well?

I can see an NHL official or two trying to finagle an "intent" angle on this to cover this particular debacle.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
Does anything EVER happen to these refs for possibly costing teams games the way they did tonight?

I know that if they perform poorly during the regular season, they don't get to ref post-season games, but that isn't the same.

If every other NHL employee can get suspended, its high time we start hearing about the penalties the refs receive for piss-poor performance.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Does anything EVER happen to these refs for possibly costing teams games the way they did tonight?

I know that if they perform poorly during the regular season, they don't get to ref post-season games, but that isn't the same.

If every other NHL employee can get suspended, its high time we start hearing about the penalties the refs receive for piss-poor performance.

The refs are not NHL employees they are a union and the NHL has very little power when it comes to the refs. Walsh will probably get a write-up just like any other job when some one does something stupid, but that will be it.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

Referees will never be called out. The closest we will see is Backes not getting a suspension, which is the NHL's way of saying the ref made a mistake. People will dress certain things up as accountability, but there is very little.

As for the thread on the main boards about the Backes hit, that has turned into an embarrassment.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
I will not throw furniture tonight.

Imma trying not to throw furniture tonight.

Hitch reaction.

blues_hitchcock_backes_penalty_kidding_me2.gif

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
Referees will never be called out. The closest we will see is Backes not getting a suspension, which is the NHL's way of saying the ref made a mistake. People will dress certain things up as accountability, but there is very little.

As for the thread on the main boards about the Backes hit, that has turned into an embarrassment.

You nailed it on both parts.

I hate when the main boards discussion becomes a "how many championships has xxxx won in the past xxxx years?" kind of deal. I is completely classless and I do not take any part of it.

I do however commend most of the Red Wings fans here as they are not the typical Wings fan that you run into on other boards or on the street.

It was an awful call and now that I am done being pissed, I will move on as will the team. There will be bumps in the road this year but I still love our chances at making a serious run.

journeyman79

May 29, 2009
Could be worse, could be a playoff game. Blues will be still be the #1 seed in the West. Adversity is good for a team. It makes them hate to lose even more.

I agree with this. I think the Blues are gonna come out pissed on Tuesday and definitely next Thursday.

Winning them all creates a lull. And let's be honest this team has been taking periods off recently.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I know it's 4 days away, but can we make the Predators GDT either tonight or tomorrow. I just want to forget about this cluster **** of a game.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
The refs are not NHL employees they are a union and the NHL has very little power when it comes to the refs. Walsh will probably get a write-up just like any other job when some one does something stupid, but that will be it.

If they are a union, then they are NHL employees, just like the playes.

The NHL Ref union doesn't cut the checks, the NHL does.

If the NHL can suspend players who have a union, they should be able to suspend refs.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Very impressive that 8 games into the season and the Blues give up their 1st ES goal against. That along with the insane shots against speak to Hitchcock running an elite defense down there. Scary.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Regardless of that garbage call or whoever ended up with the 2 points, these games against the blues are something very, very special.. It seems for the past 3 years every game between the two teams have been extremely entertaining. Luckily we'll see each other alot more this season. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad