GDT: Game #8 - 10.25.14 - at New York - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Cin it looks like a larger version of the San Angelo Coliseum! I like watching games in old barns like that, doesn't have them fancy pants amenities or leg room but man the sight lines and distance from the ice looks great in Nassau.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yeah Connauton has seemed pretty solid. I don't see why they're scratching him again.
It's about the future and about ceiling. If Oleksiak uses these games to learn and improve, he'll quickly become a better player than Connauton could ever be. Oleksiak isn't going to get better in the press box, and it's not like Connauton is even all that much better.

They're essentially a wash, so go with the guy who is in your future plans.

MetalGodAOD*

Makes no sense to not get the fresh legs in for this one. Oh well.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
It's about the future and about ceiling. If Oleksiak uses these games to learn and improve, he'll quickly become a better player than Connauton could ever be. Oleksiak isn't going to get better in the press box, and it's not like Connauton is even all that much better.

They're essentially a wash, so go with the guy who is in your future plans.

I get the future and the ceiling business, but I think you have to earn your ice time no matter how tall you are haha. Connauton and Jokipakka have made far less mistakes when they've been out there. I don't think its a wash.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Like you Texans I don't **** around when it comes to weaponry :nod:

tylercowboyhat.gif

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Cin it looks like a larger version of the San Angelo Coliseum! I like watching games in old barns like that, doesn't have them fancy pants amenities or leg room but man the sight lines and distance from the ice looks great in Nassau.

Yeah it really does lol. Probably the same odors as well.

MetalGodAOD*

Awful lots of green jerseys on this LIRR train. Noticing a huge difference in the away crowds already compared to last season.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Awful lots of green jerseys on this LIRR train. Noticing a huge difference in the away crowds already compared to last season.

Awesome to hear.

Hope it gets back to what it use to be, especially in the CHI and STL areas. I don't know if they were old North Star fans or what, but back when I was living up that way there use to be a good couple hundred away fans when we had games up there.

Makes some noise for us!

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
The Islanders have a very strong team this year, they are as good a bet as any to make some noise in the playoffs in the East this season, and they'll be tough to beat tonight.

The Stars had some good games last year on the 2nd night of back to back games.. the effort in St. Louis when Rich Peverley went down last year sticks out in my memory. They'll need to bring that sort of intensity tonight to have a chance.

I'm not very hopeful that they get it done, but you never know..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad