Post-Game Talk: Game 79 - Whalercanes 4 BRUINS 1

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Poitras has Savard like skillset - he can shoot the puck

Needs to be filled out more, increase strength, work on quickness and gain experience

That’s about 150-200 pro games and about age 23 should be stronger and physically more mature

He should be at a good spot

Coyle will be around 35 and Zacha 29-30 so having a good young playmaking center will be important

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Bang on my man

He really is

We were sitting at Porters before game discussing the ratings of players in our SIM hockey league and how ridiculous it is Quinn Hughes and even Adam Fox are rated above Mac

Funny we were discussing such a marquee/cult team like Boston could have a guy like McAvoy who’s underrated

Lohrei is that Kluzak talent that Sinden wanted to take burden of Bourque

Hopefully Monty plays him

Bruins D looks pretty intriguing going forward
I didn’t like Charlie Mc for a stretch. Now best D man in hockey.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If Charlie Mac plays like last night, wow. Really don’t like the Carlo Grizz pair they look more like 5-6 guys. Also Peeke was great. Skates so well for a big man.
Peake failed to clear the zone and turned it over then let the guy do the Michigan on him immediately after.

He was actually very bad last night. He’s been decent otherwise but not at all last night.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Tomorrow, I fly to Pittsburgh. My daughter (for Christmas) is treating me to our yearly away game. I have never been there. She is flying from San Francisco. We will be there until 4/16. We will have to find somewhere to watch the Caps game on Monday. I should be home in time to see Danton Heinen get the 7th player award Tuesday.

She has friends there so we will be doing stuff with them.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He’s domination at all levels. No just points to be the best

Many posters here prefer Shattenkirk on the PP.

The coaches seem to prefer Carlo & Peeke on the PK.

At even strength Charlie is +7 on a team that has 3 other defensemen at +13 (Grz), +17 (Lindholm) and +21 (Carlo).

To me, McAvoy is the 2nd most talented player on the team. One on one, no one ever beats him. But he's caught up ice way too much. Overplays to the center of the ice too much also, allowing the cross-ice pass to the open wing. Chases too often in the defensive zone. Leads the team in penalty minutes, which he's never come close to doing before in his career.

So, I wouldn't say he's been dominate at all levels.

That said, he's still only 26. Victor Hedman didn't reach his prime until he was 27.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Tomorrow, I fly to Pittsburgh. My daughter (for Christmas) is treating me to our yearly away game. I have never been there. She is flying from San Francisco. We will be there until 4/16. We will have to find somewhere to watch the Caps game on Monday. I should be home in time to see Danton Heinen get the 7th player award Tuesday.

She has friends there so we will be doing stuff with them.

Have a great time!

As you always say, cheer loud for our boys!!!!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
This is probably McAvoy's most inconsistent year IMO. He'll play poorly for a stretch of games followed by a stretch where he plays at the level he needs to be. I do feel like he's ramping up as the playoffs get closer, which is good.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
This is probably McAvoy's most inconsistent year IMO. He'll play poorly for a stretch of games followed by a stretch where he plays at the level he needs to be. I do feel like he's ramping up as the playoffs get closer, which is good.
From Feb 22 to April 4, McAvoy went though an absolutely brutal stretch. 20 games, 4 points and -3

If he even had 10-12 points in 20 games he's knocking on the door of a career best season, points wise.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Charlie McAvoy is the biggest issue on the pp. can we just take him off it now? Love the player. Huge fan. Makes slow decisions with the extra man. Not what we need. He needs to move the puck quicker and shoot more or get lost until it’s even strength.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Charlie McAvoy is the biggest issue on the pp. can we just take him off it now? Love the player. Huge fan. Makes slow decisions with the extra man. Not what we need. He needs to move the puck quicker and shoot more or get lost until it’s even strength.
Who do you replace him with on the PP, though? Shattenkirk? That guy probably won't see consistent ice time in a few weeks.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yep....it is pouring rain 🌧️ here in Pittsburgh.

I believe the Pens have a game tonight as many are walking around with Pens jerseys on.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Many posters here prefer Shattenkirk on the PP.

The coaches seem to prefer Carlo & Peeke on the PK.

At even strength Charlie is +7 on a team that has 3 other defensemen at +13 (Grz), +17 (Lindholm) and +21 (Carlo).

To me, McAvoy is the 2nd most talented player on the team. One on one, no one ever beats him. But he's caught up ice way too much. Overplays to the center of the ice too much also, allowing the cross-ice pass to the open wing. Chases too often in the defensive zone. Leads the team in penalty minutes, which he's never come close to doing before in his career.

So, I wouldn't say he's been dominate at all levels.

That said, he's still only 26. Victor Hedman didn't reach his prime until he was 27.
Oh I agree my earlier statement was he is playing better now and has dominated. I didn’t like his game early on.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
This morning's practice Ines:

Marchand - Coyle - DeBrusk
Heinen - Zacha - Pastrnak
Beecher - Geekie - Frederic
Maroon - Boqvist - Lauko
van-Riemsdyk

Last edited:

Ad