GDT: Game 79: Red Wings at penguins 7:00 pm et 4/11/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Throwing the towel in this season. It feels like they aren’t trying for the postseason anymore.
With the coaching and roster decisions since the deadline I am more sure than ever that the postseason was never the goal.

Barely missing the playoffs is the worst of all possible outcomes and the best finish to the season is that the Wings either win every game and make it in or lose every game and potentially fall as far as 9OA. Winning two/three games only to miss the playoffs and end up 16OA is a f***ing disaster of a season...especially when you could have traded that pick and likely made the playoffs.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Nevermind. After reading the first page I saw line combos with Berggren. Those aren't accurate. After googling and looking around online I found on Reddit that Reese is in.

Gotta go to Reddit to get info I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Detroit Knights

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"Folks, it turns out that if you look at the inside of a bird called the penguin, their waddly, bowling pin shape is mostly spine, neck bones, and feathers. If you, in turn, look at the home team Penguins tonight, their internals turn out to be mostly Sidney Crosby. There's a long-standing grievance against Pittsburgh to be reminded of tonight, and if Detroit wants to keep their playoff hopes reasonably alive, the visiting Red Wings will have to demonstrate that they have some spine under their own feathers as well."

- Plausible Keats

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
It's not a Lalonde being afraid of rookies decision to use ZAR. It's just the latest move in an organizational decision made last summer to put the season in the hands of veterans, the more veterans the better. That's been the message all season. Veteran depth trumps all in both Yzerman and Lalonde's minds, but most of it falls on SY. He's in charge of call-ups; it's Lalonde's job to figure out how to use what SY gives him. I thought it made sense for two months with three goalies limiting roster flexibility and uncertainty about how injuries might affect things. It stopped making sense in December when Edvinsson wasn't called up during a lousy December despite the team being healthy and Berggren not brought back up again after a pretty positive stretch replacing Perron. But, they haven't fallen off so much that a good effort from key players and good goaltending can't produce a win vs. the Penguins, and then do whatever remains to be done after that. There will be time later for a post-mortem.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Nevermind. After reading the first page I saw line combos with Berggren. Those aren't accurate. After googling and looking around online I found on Reddit that Reese is in.

Gotta go to Reddit to get info I guess.
probably could have found it in the athletic too.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
First drink of the evening: Rum Barrel (Kon-Tiki variation)

Second drink of the evening: Zombie Apocalypse (a Pastafarian original):

1 oz lemon juice
0.75 oz grenadine
0.5 oz Aperol
0.4 oz falernum
2 oz (-ish -- more is fine) Plantation Stiggin's Fancy rum

Shake all with crushed and dump into chilled glass, garnish with lemon peel, skull skewer, smoldering cinnamon stick (small plastic dinosaur optional)

Reactions: OneMoreTry

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
First drink of the evening: Rum Barrel (Kon-Tiki variation)

Second drink of the evening: Zombie Apocalypse (a Pastafarian original):

1 oz lemon juice
0.75 oz grenadine
0.5 oz Aperol
0.4 oz falernum
2 oz (-ish -- more is fine) Plantation Stiggin's Fancy rum

Shake all with crushed and dump into chilled glass, garnish with lemon peel, skull skewer, smoldering cinnamon stick (small plastic dinosaur optional)
Nice!

I'm going with Coke tonight. Booze-free, unfortunately.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Does anybody GENUINELY believe Lalonde gets the axe if we miss the playoffs this year?

(also I can't use bold/italics, anybody know why?)

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
If we miss the playoffs the majority of the reason is Debrincat. Literally did nothing for over a month of play...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad