GDT: Game 79: MTL @ PEG | Tricolore's saga | Mar. 30, 2019 7:00pm ET, CITY, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Damn Habs.

Tricolore had just bought a new TV set and was so proud of mentioning it on the HF. It was supposed to enhance his enjoyment of Hab games.

In fact, Tricolore's TV made a grand entrance as a good luck charm. It was installed in the middle of a game that the Habs won.

Tricolore's TV was the bomb and when it was on, the Habs kept on winning.

And so, Tricolore was all primed and ready for another Habs win against Columbus.

How could he not be, he knew the Habs would be favored once he watched the game on his prized TV.

Oh the horror!

The Habs got shellacked 6-2 in an abysmal performance, causing Tricolore to completely lose it ...

VSwsYD5.gif

Tricolore decided that he wasn't going to sit on his hands.

He knew he needed to take his cause to a bigger pulpit by publishing a manifesto, where he'd take the liberty of referring to himself in the third person, like Jonathan Drouin would have done.

We're going to reprise Tricolore's Manifesto right here:

lokcoa1.jpg

Word of Tricolore's Manifesto reached Bergevin, who was moved by his efforts. Bergevin decided to contact his counterpart Jarmo, following the Habs's loss to Columbus:

61EdDBA.jpg

The next four games will evidently decide the season. Habs better be full throttle on all cylinders ...

on1T0ER.jpg

Making it that much tougher against the Jets tonight, will the return of a guy who juggles pygmies as a pastime and the Habs have plenty of them ...

Capture_d%C3%A9cran_le_2019-03-29_%C3%A0_14.28.07.png

And this other bit of non-news that will surprise no one:

Meantime, Jonathan Drouin did nothing to redeem himself against Columbus. Had one shot on net and the rest of his scoresheet was blank.

Is it any wonder that we caught him promoting this Fortnite product:

WiqXCUk.jpg

Things aren't getting any easier for Drouin. He's getting rattled and slapped out from various members of the media almost on a daily basis. It's starting to look like this:

yinsOXK.gif

Most recently, Dany Dubé who normally is very analytical and quite polite and composed, didn't mince words about Drouin, saying namely that he doesn't engage in the play, he doesn't pay the price, he plays as he did in the juniors where he attacked from the perimeter and scored on his off-wing.

"Il est trop loin de la rondelle… Tant que ça ne changera pas, il n’aura pas assez d’opportunités. Il ne s’engage pas… Il y a un prix à payer… Il joue encore comme dans le junior. Il joue encore comme à l’époque où t’es en périphérie, t’arrives hors l’aile et bang, tu la mets dans le filet".

There was also the hyperbolic Jean Perron, who has no filter and who argued that Julien may win the battle with Drouin but will eventually lose the war since a coach never wins against a talented player. And Perron concluded by calling Drouin arrogant:

«Jo Drouin, j’te le dis! C’est un petit arrogant!»

Then you have online bloggers, radio and tv broadcasters and call-in shows and it's just a barrage. Maybe he's heard the message by now.

It will thus surprise no one that if the Habs are going to pull an upset in the Peg, the good ship's fortunes will be resting on the shoulders of this guy:

oGG4aui.jpg

If Price doesn't deliver and if the Habs miss the playoffs, we're sure going to be hearing a lot of sarcasm directed Bergevin's way ...

l9878XI.gif

And now, on to our Mint File with these two fabulous snapshots from a recent game.

EwOZmTo.jpg

KwDZVDz.jpg

LINEUPS TBA

aWYHAXm.jpg

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Damn Habs.

Tricolore had just bought a new TV set and was so proud of mentioning it on the HF. It was supposed to enhance his enjoyment of Hab games.

In fact, Tricolore's TV made a grand entrance as a good luck charm. It was installed in the middle of a game that the Habs won.

And so, Tricolore was all primed and ready for another Habs win against Columbus.

How could he not be, he knew the Habs would be favored once he watched the game on his prized TV.

Oh the horror!

The Habs got shellacked 6-2 in an abysmal performance, causing Tricolore to completely lose it ...

VSwsYD5.gif

He knew he needed to take his cause to a bigger pulpit by publishing a manifesto, where he'd take the liberty of referring to himself in the third person, like Jonathan Drouin would have done.

lokcoa1.jpg

Word of Tricolore's Manifesto reached Bergevin, who was moved by his efforts. Bergevin decided to contact his counterpart Jarmo, following the Habs's loss to Columbus:

61EdDBA.jpg

The next four games will evidently decide the season. Habs better be full throttle on all cylinders ...

on1T0ER.jpg

Making it that much tougher against the Jets tonight, will the return of a guy who juggles pygmies as a pastime and the Habs have plenty of them ...

Meantime, Jonathan Drouin did nothing to redeem himself against Columbus. Had one shot on net and the rest of his scoresheet was blank.

WiqXCUk.jpg

Things aren't getting any easier for Drouin. He's getting rattled and slapped out from various members of the media almost on a daily basis. It's starting to look like this:

yinsOXK.gif

Most recently, Dany Dubé who normally is very analytical and quite polite and composed, didn't mince words about Drouin, saying namely that he doesn't engage in the play, he doesn't pay the price, he plays as he did in the juniors where he attacked from the perimeter and scored on his off-wing.

"Il est trop loin de la rondelle… Tant que ça ne changera pas, il n’aura pas assez d’opportunités. Il ne s’engage pas… Il y a un prix à payer… Il joue encore comme dans le junior. Il joue encore comme à l’époque où t’es en périphérie, t’arrives hors l’aile et bang, tu la mets dans le filet".

There was also the hyperbolic Jean Perron, who has no filter and who argued that Julien may win the battle with Drouin but will eventually lose the war since a coach never wins against a talented player. And Perron concluded by calling Drouin arrogant:

Then you have online bloggers, radio and tv broadcasters and call-in shows and it's just a barrage. Maybe he's heard the message by now.

It will thus surprise no one that if the Habs are going to pull an upset in the Peg, the good ship's fortunes will be resting on the shoulders of this guy:

oGG4aui.jpg

If Price doesn't deliver and if the Habs miss the playoffs, we're sure going to be hearing a lot of sarcasm directed Bergevin's way ...

l9878XI.gif

And now, on to our Mint File with these two fabulous snapshots from a recent game.

EwOZmTo.jpg

KwDZVDz.jpg

LINEUPS TBA

aWYHAXm.jpg

You need to step up your game a bit. Stop slacking off.

Will give you a small tip of the hat for getting Nielsen involved though.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Playoff hopes basically hanging on by a thread. Need this win and hope for out town help, Car vs Phi Clm @ Nsh.

Reactions: Runner77

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Probably going to miss the entire game, unless by some chance my restaurant chair is in sight of a TV screen. Second Saturday night birthday dinner in a row. At least last week's was my wife's birthday which I organized, so I chose a table near the bar TV.

Other than my wife and me, tonight's group of native Montrealers has no interest in hockey. What's wrong with these people?? Should I say something? Maybe suggest counselling or an intervention? My wife suggested flipping over the table and throwing a bottle of wine at the wall if Winnipeg scores; I told her that would be going overboard because she might pull her back. I'll probably just write them a polite email saying we can't hang out anymore on game nights.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Damn Habs.

Oh the horror!

VSwsYD5.gif

lokcoa1.jpg

61EdDBA.jpg

on1T0ER.jpg

WiqXCUk.jpg

yinsOXK.gif

oGG4aui.jpg

l9878XI.gif

EwOZmTo.jpg

KwDZVDz.jpg

LINEUPS TBA

aWYHAXm.jpg

Great thread sir! Not expecting a win but who knows...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We usually play Jets well. They're big but often can't handle our speed.

Tough loss last game, so we'll see how Montreal handles this one.

Jackets are @ Nashville. That's not an easy game. Nasville is 6-3-1 in last 10, are strong at home and still playing for the division or at least to start at home in the playoffs.

Carolina is playing at home vs Phil. I expect a win. Flyers are not playing as well recently and aren't strong on the road.

That game is at 1:30pm.

I'll be around tonight.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Major scoreboard watching today. There's one thing that worries me, we didn't see the real Jets last time. If they decide to rough up our smaller players, it could be over real quick. Big Buff is making a comeback too. :scared:

The only thing left is to win out and hope for some help. Last chance, lose tonight and it's officially over, if it isn't already.

GO:habs:nashville:flyersGO

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Probably going to miss the entire game, unless by some chance my restaurant chair is in sight of a TV screen. Second Saturday night birthday dinner in a row. At least last week's was my wife's birthday which I organized, so I chose a table near the bar TV.

Other than my wife and me, tonight's group of native Montrealers has no interest in hockey. What's wrong with these people?? Should I say something? Maybe suggest counselling or an intervention? My wife suggested flipping over the table and throwing a bottle of wine at the wall if Winnipeg scores; I told her that would be going overboard because she might pull her back. I'll probably just write them a polite email saying we can't hang out anymore on game nights.

Why are you having dinner with people like that!!??

Reactions: Lshap

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Jets D is as bad as ours and their goalie has been hit and miss all year
I’m actually feeling a little confident
Also my wife bought me the correct soap. We could win tonight

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
even if columbus only goes 2-3 in thier last 5 games, that means we need to win 3 out of our last 4, its not happening

We would need 5 points out of 8, so 2-1-1 would do it. If Columbus gets 6 points out of 10 (very likely), then it gets more complicated, as we would need 7 points out of 8, which would be a miracle. Unless, of course, the Hurricanes crumbles.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Jets D is as bad as ours and their goalie has been hit and miss all year
I’m actually feeling a little confident
Also my wife bought me the correct soap. We could win tonight
I run out of my soap often and end up having to use my wife and daughters’ lavender body wash stuff. It is some pretty strong stuff and I end up smelling like lavender for days... my buddies at work just say “forgot to buy soap again?” Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad