Post-Game Talk: Game 79: First game ever after clinching for the playoffs

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What a goal from McCann.

What a gunner he has turned into this season. Hard to imagine that Toronto preferred to keep Kerfoot over Jared. We have benefitted from a lot of poor decisions by other teams GMs. I guess that makes our GM pretty smart.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Sprong has forced me to change my opinion on him from early this season. He is a team player. He will never be defensively stout but if he can contribute offensively the way he has this season, it really won't matter.

It does make re-signing him significantly tougher. The bright side to that though is that Sprong has really upped his stock this season.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Couple minutes of game time go by as Edzo hoists one to toast the Blackhawks trainer who is retiring.

Sprong has forced me to change my opinion on him from early this season. He is a team player. He will never be defensively stout but if he can contribute offensively the way he has this season, it really won't matter.

It does make re-signing him significantly tougher. The bright side to that though is that Sprong has really upped his stock this season.
Yeah.

It's a bit out of character though. Hopefully he can maintain this offensive production and not regress badly.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Good news for us: Colorado somehow manages to beat LA in regulation, 4-3. We are just two points behind LA--and I think we have a game in hand. Thank you notes to goalie Alexandar Georgiev would be appropriate.

Last edited:
Reactions: wewantyoursoul

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
How is Tolvanen playing? Stats look good but streaky and slightly inconsistent.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
In the end a good win against a bad team that we gave too much chances during the 2nd period.

Anyways, still a win to celebrate
giphy.gif

You could clearly see that they clinched last game and had some sloppy moments but overall we got another win and are only two points out of reaching the century mark.

Also gotta hope Jones is OK.
If not I'd call up D'Accord and play him at the new rink of his college team on Monday, giving the 2nd night of the back-to-back to Grubauer.

Also, we're only trailing the Kings by two points and have one game in hand.
If we tie them we would actually move into 3rd in the pacific given that we have more regular time wins(currently 36 to 35) and also have won the matchup(3-1-0) against them.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad