GDT: Game 79: 4/3: Ride the Train: Bruins @ Blackhawks: 12:30pm ET: NBC, TVAS, SN1, 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
2011 - Poking the bear meant waking a savage kodiak from hibernation and being mauled

2016 - Poking the bear means waking the elderly koala up before it leans to far back and plummets to the zoo floor.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It'd be better to miss the playoffs. We need to change players, we need to draft well, and we need a new coach. Some of those things will not happen if we get marched into the first round for a 4-0.
C'mon now, Claude has junk to work with. I will admit though that he's a stubborn SOB but still who would they put in his place behind the bench? Butch Cassidy?:shakehead If Barry Trotz isn't available they'd need a kevin Dineen etc. BUT, without the players to carry out a proper game plan they aren't going annneeewhere!

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If Shawn Thornton was still on this team he would of went out and tried to motivate this team the way he knows how.. Those were good times..

It's funny, the guy who does that for Boston is in the pressbox with more goals this year than the entire 4th line put together.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Chara Trotman both +1.

Not bad for the talk they are getting on here.

Milbury says disgusting, despicable, and embarrassing for the Bruins, for once I agree with him.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
C'mon now, Claude has junk to work with. I will admit though that he's a stubborn SOB but still who would they put in his place behind the bench? Butch Cassidy?:shakehead If Barry Trotz isn't available they'd need a kevin Dineen etc. BUT, without the players to carry out a proper game plan they aren't going annneeewhere!

I encourage you to check the Claude Julien thread for my in-depth analysis on why he sucks as a coach.

SaskBruin

Evaluation Nation
Sep 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
You can always play the "what if" games but wow Loui gets hit with what would be a sure goal. Krejci goes post then crossbar and out, Stemp misses a wide open net. Then being down 6-0 we finally convert a scoring chance and then 11 seconds later the puck finds the back of the net again...

Such a frustrating team to watch....they never make it easy :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
3 cups in last 6 years, best run organization this decade.

I meant in this game. There was no reason to challenge that goal.

The Pasta goal was a lazy attempt at a chip pass.

They may not win but if the Bruins can take advantage of Chicago being a bit too loose then they can make it interesting.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Chara Trotman both +1.

Not bad for the talk they are getting on here.

Milbury says disgusting, despicable, and embarrassing for the Bruins, for once I agree with him.

I turned it off ,I knew something like that was coming from Mike . Sure he is right but I wasn't going to listen to it .

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Chicago's getting cocky.

They are playing like they want to score 10-12 goals because they know that no one on Boston will make they pay for it. They wouldn't be trying nearly as hard to rub it in on teams like LA, St. Louis or Anaheim. Chara should be trying to wipe some of those smiles off the likes of Kane, piss poor leadership if you ask me, it's one thing to lose but to allow them basically to laugh in your face is another thing.

indy

Oct 18, 2015
I meant in this game. There was no reason to challenge that goal.

The Pasta goal was a lazy attempt at a chip pass.

They may not win but if the Bruins can take advantage of Chicago being a bit too loose then they can make it interesting.

If they can play like the 2nd against the Blues, you never know.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
If Boychuk were still here... Chicago would still have three defenseman better than anyone we have.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Three season running now management has needed to bolster the defense. Instead they have made it worse, with no depth. Bravo.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Rask hasn't been all that great when push comes to shove. 9 goals in 4 and a bit periods, sure he has been hung out to dry but I expected more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad