GDT: Game #79 - 04.06.14 - at Florida - 4:00 PM - TXA21/NHLNCA - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Stars_fan9

Mar 17, 2007
Back to back game blah blah blah. At this point in the season there can't be any excuses. The Stars could afford a couple losses but not against ****ing bottom of the barrel teams like FLA and CAR. Despite being 1 point up, the Stars are at a disadvantage. With 4 games left Dallas will likely lose against Columbus, definitely against St. Louis and possibly against Phoenix.

The Coyotes on the other hand will probably lose against San Jose and possibly Dallas.

I think Phoenix will finish with 92 points and Dallas will finish with 90. And their destiny will be fulfilled once again.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yeah, the fact that we couldn't even make it to overtime or anything against a bottom dweller is disheartening. Even when Phoenix lost to Edmonton on Friday, they forced it into extra time.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
When Florida tied this game up, they should have backed off and just guided this game into overtime. Instead they crashed the net with defensemen and left shooters wide open in the slot at the other end. This team really showed their inexperience today, and while it pains me to say this, it would have been real nice to have Robidas.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Well I streamed the first two periods and just got home to see the result. Lol is literally the only thing that comes to mind. Wtf Dallas. Wtf.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Erik Cole was worse than useless all game and his terrible turnover at the blueline resulted in Florida going the other way and eventually scoring the winner.

Kari Lehtonen had no business being in that game and was a large part of the reason we lost. I don't know that Thomas would have made those saves but Ruff did Kari and the team a disservice by not starting Thomas.

The power play, will be the reason we don't make it in. 1 goal in 19 chances, including some 5 on 3 time. Until that's fixed we are a fringe team.

The defense has the awful habit of taking it back deeper in the zone and at times it results in allowing the other team to hem us in with their forecheck. Skate it out, pass it out or rim it out but going back over and over on the 2nd night is asking for an egregious turnover.

Everyone's been so quick to praise Jordie Benn this year but his constant icings lead to way too many defensive zone faceoffs. The decline in our faceoff percentage has made his bad problems worse. He's still part of the problems on the backend. If he were playing 3rd pair minutes like Nemeth, it wouldn't be such a huge deal but he's not. I cannot wait for the day he is no longer on our blueline.

Luongo played great but this team doesn't know how to handle a lead.

In so many ways this is even worse than the meltdown against Calgary. Time is running out and once again when it matters Dallas turtles up and can't see it through to the finish line.

MetalGodAOD*

I'm convinced this team doesn't know how to handle the pressure of maintaining a playoff spot.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
I'm convinced this team doesn't know how to handle the pressure of maintaining a playoff spot.

This means you are putting this on Daley (LOL), Benn (bigger LOL) and Lehtonen (and the coaching staffs' handling of him (less LOL)), your statements are pretty LOL

starsgazer

Apr 15, 2006
The only thing I generally agree with here is the criticism regarding the coaching in *this* game. I do not understand why Kari played again and why Lindy did not use his time-out, when it's obvious that fatigue played a major role in this game.

Otherwise it was really close again. The PP was the killer. You do not score on the PP? It's like having a goalie-issue. And it's definitely mental right now. It's almost an advantage for the Stars' opponents to be a man down. It's a momentum swing.

Another thing that's very obvious is that this team needs to play smarter hockey one day. You cannot outwork or outskate the opponent every night. That's what I've been asking for the last decade. All this work-hard, pesky, skate-skate-skate, put-it-on-net, crash-the-net ethics ... sometimes you simply have to be smarter.

Playoffs? My brain says "next year" - my heart says "this year". Here we go, the classical dilemma.

DallasFan

Mar 7, 2011
Brzeg Dolny/Horsens
I think Phoenix will finish with 92 points and Dallas will finish with 90. And their destiny will be fulfilled once again.

It's difficult not to agree :( This Team still dont have depth composition of players. Every game is a mystery. Stars is almost the last team I would put a money to Win.

I'll be cheering for the end but even if we go into the PO we'll be quick defeat in four to five games.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
It's difficult not to agree :( This Team still dont have depth composition of players. Every game is a mystery. Stars is almost the last team I would put a money to Win.

I'll be cheering for the end but even if we go into the PO we'll be quick defeat in four to five games.

I think we stand a pretty good chance against St Louis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad