GDT: Game #79 - 04.06.14 - at Florida - 4:00 PM - TXA21/NHLNCA - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I blame Ruff on this one. He has fallen into the same damn trap every Stars coach the last few years have, playing Kari waay to much. This was the perfect game against the panthers and he didn't. Loungo was the better goalie thus we lose.

Bkennedy*

Sure... Point is, they lucked out.

No. We just kinda sucked. That many PP's - a 5 on 3, a late game PP where we didn't pull our goalie. Nothing involved was really a lucky bounce or anything. We just didn't play well enough to win. May have played better than them, but not well enough to guarantee a win.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The more I think about the worse this feels. Florida is a godawful team who has been terrible lately. This team had everything to play for, and couldn't dominate. We should have won this game handily.

****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
That's a pretty good example of why I'm not putting any faith into this team to make the playoffs.

Phil Connors*

No. We just kinda sucked. That many PP's - a 5 on 3, a late game PP where we didn't pull our goalie. Nothing involved was really a lucky bounce or anything. We just didn't play well enough to win. May have played better than them, but not well enough to guarantee a win.

Going into the 3rd tied, and getting the only real chances in the period only to have Luongo not know where he is and make a save. We should have won and deserved it, they lucked out. Not saying we couldn't have played better, but we didn't deserve a loss.

Bkennedy*

That's a pretty good example of why I'm not putting any faith into this team to make the playoffs.

Oh as far as I'm concerned that mathematically eliminated us. We aren't gonna win down the stretch lol. One point ahead is nowhere near close enough. We are almost guaranteed going into phx with it all on the line. We know how that'll work.

Bkennedy*

Going into the 3rd tied, and getting the only real chances in the period only to have Luongo not know where he is and make a save. We should have won and deserved it, they lucked out. Not saying we couldn't have played better, but we didn't deserve a loss.

If you don't beat Florida by 3+ you sucked.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I'm more worried about how slow the Stars looked today... We all know that when the Stars' don't have their top energy, they tend to play like ass - the whole system is dependant on outskating the opposition, and the Stars are nowhere near good enough in their own end to get by when they can't do that.

The schedule to end the year is still very tough with another 2 games in the next 3 nights. If they can't get their skating legs back, this could get very ugly.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
well atleast Phoenix has to play us in that last game of the year having played the night before..

That will probably make it all the more tough when we outshoot them 45-10 and they win the game 2-1 :(

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
image.php

jhr1986

Jul 2, 2012
DFWish
Well at least this gives us the chance to win the next two games - since the stars can't string together 4 wins they were sure to lose one of the next two. Of course if they do win the next two they have to lose to st louis....

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Luongo is the best hockey player on Twitter:

Strombone ‏@strombone1

You're welcome @VanCanucks ! Glad I could help! #stillonpayroll #15%

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Another chance to pull to .500 overall....lost.

yeah I've noticed that whenever we get to that chance to pull back even we lose. I think we were 1 or 2 games over "real" .500 at one point before Christmas... that might be where we need to get to make the playoffs this time around. 3 wins out of 4 will do it.

Bkennedy*

All jokes and dramatics aside. I'm insanely optimistic about this team. They were tired and lost today, sure. It happens. Bad timing, but it happens.

I'm set on this team making the playoffs and pushing for a run. If that sets me up for disappointment, I'll take it. I'm in it for them. Let's go Stars.

MetalGodAOD*

Ugh this hurts so much a few hours later. Could have been comfortably 3 points ahead of Phoenix, fully in the driver's seat. Instead each game is a must win again. Pressure will be on even games like Nashville where we should win, and they haven't handled that pressure well yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad