Post-Game Talk: Game 78: Win and We're In! PLAYOFFS!

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
They are talking about who Hakstol should go with? Have they seen Jones play for the last few months?
Reminds me of that scene from Dumb and Dumber 'So you're saaaaaaaaaying there's a chance!?'

Last night was really fun to watch. Lame when Arizona scored right at the end, crowd was getting so pumped up.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think if Calgary is WC 2. But if it’s Winnipeg, we’d get Pacific winner.

I also might be understanding it wrong and I’ve been watching hockey for 35 years.
If the playoffs started right now, Seattle would be facing Colorado.

Basically from what i read, the top division winner in a conference faces wc2 while the 2nd division winner faces wc1.

"In the First Round, the division winner with the best record in each conference will be matched against the wild card with the lesser record; the wild card with the better record will play the other division winner."

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Top 3 in each division make the playoffs. Plus 2 wild cards, which are the next best 2 teams in the conference regardless of division.

The seedings are 2 and 3 within the division play each other. The two division winners are seeded 1 and 2 in the conference. The 1st place team in the conference plays WC2 while the other division winner plays WC1.

The second round is "intra-divisional" in that the winner of the 2 vs. 3 series in the division and the winner of the 1 in the division vs. WC series play each other. Round 3 and 4 are straightforward.

FWIW, this hybrid system, while it forces divisional rivals to play one another, leaves a little something on the table as well. Many have argued that the top 8 teams in a conference should get in and be seeded 1 to 8 in terms of their record. 1 playing 8, 2 playing 7, 3 playing 6, and 4 playing 5. In that way, a "power" division with 2 great teams can send both to the conference finals to get to the Cup finals. As things stand at the moment, this would apply to Vegas and Edmonton, who are 1 and 2 in the conference.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
I'm pretty new here, but can somebody create a new thread something like "2023 Kraken and NHL playoffs discussion"?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00