GDT: Game 78 Saturday 4/5/2014 Bruins vs. Flyers 1PM NESN, NHLN-US

Rebel Bruin

Jan 7, 2014
Dublin
Eriksson was very good today. The guy is just a quality player. Hopefully he'll carry over this kind of play into the playoffs.

I thought Reilly Smith picked things up today.

Best Krejci played in a while also. He was buzzing.

The Bruins could have had a few more except for a great performance from Emery.

Krug and Meszaros looked a little shaky defensively though.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game.

Congrats to Reilly on the 7th Player...He is worthy

I am so happy the B's beat those Flyers.

Looch looked pretty pissed off in the first period. Nice to see him use his anger to score 2 goals !!

Loui !!! 4 assists He was excellent !

I don't know how many faceoffs Bergy won today but it was very close to all of them that he took.

I hope Miller and Iggy are ok.

The Flyer fans are the worst fans that come to Boston.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sanderson with some moves that would have had he Habs fans calling 911.

I loved him as a player. In college I had his photo hanging in my room . There were Ranger fans there who hated him :D

I reached out to high five him as he walked by me to day and he squeezed my hand. He looks like walking is difficult for him.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
:nod:

Love Quaider, plus not really confident with any combination of Mez/Bart/Krug as a pairing.

I really liked the Krug / Quaider pairing !

For all of the Loui haters :p:. The guy had 2 head injuries THIS season. He is just starting to feel 100 %. See what kind of player he is ? I think he will be excellent in the playoffs.

Geez....

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Decent game. Sort of a deceptive 41 shots from the Bruins.

I wish Miller was there today to go with Rinaldo.

Krug looked lousy today. Mez and Bartkowski are shaky. Dougie and Boychuk looked great though.

I would like to see three callups for these two games against the West

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Just in from the game.

Looch looked pretty pissed off in the first period. Nice to see him use his anger to score 2 goals !!

I don't know how many faceoffs Bergy won today but it was very close to all of them that he took.

It cracks me up when people complain about Lucic getting angry over a clean hit. The angrier he gets, the better he plays. Whether it's a hit, or someone complaining about his choice of aftershaves, get mad, Looch, get mad! :handclap:

member 96824

It cracks me up when people complain about Lucic getting angry over a clean hit. The angrier he gets, the better he plays. Whether it's a hit, or someone complaining about his choice of aftershaves, get mad, Looch, get mad! :handclap:

I agree, but man...he's gotta stop putting us in dumb situations with penalties. Get mad, but try not to hurt your team. Players like Rinaldo aren't worth it come playoffs

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I would like to see a healthy McQuaid too but a part of me thinks we won't see him this season and if we do it will be late in the play off run, if we get that far.

I thought they missed Miller today.

Boychuk had a pretty solid game as well as Bart.

Actually I think the too two defensive pairings looked pretty good.

I would kind of like to see them clinch home ice but I suspect the Blues are going to make thought tough and they have a game or maybe two in hand.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
I agree, but man...he's gotta stop putting us in dumb situations with penalties. Get mad, but try not to hurt your team. Players like Rinaldo aren't worth it come playoffs

I don't mind it, that's part of his rep - put me on my ass and be prepared to pay the price.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Just in from the game.

I don't know how many faceoffs Bergy won today
but it was very close to all of them that he took.

37 C BERGERON, PATRICE
1st period 5-5 / 100%
2nd period 5-8 / 63%
3rd period 4-5 / 80%
total. 14-18 / 78%

Also, heard there's a new player of the game jacket, courtesy of Chief, bestowed on Looch today.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
37 C BERGERON, PATRICE
1st period 5-5 / 100%
2nd period 5-8 / 63%
3rd period 4-5 / 80%
total. 14-18 / 78%

Also, heard there's a new player of the game jacket, courtesy of Chief, bestowed on Looch today.

Gotta love Chief. Anyone know what it looks like? Pictures?

Looch was certainly a good choice but anyone playing on that top line today would have been worthy.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Just in from the game.

Funny you say that about flyers fans, I kinda agree

What do the ones at the garden usually do that bugs you?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That Eriksson plays with NO FIRE AT ALL

Can't even spell intensity.

Where are those guys today? Seemed like the game had a playoff feel to it and he certainly emerged in a big way....

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

For all of the Loui haters :p:. The guy had 2 head injuries THIS season. He is just starting to feel 100 %. See what kind of player he is ? I think he will be excellent in the playoffs.

Geez....

How could any fan hate Loui after today's game? He could be the X factor in the playoffs.

They are either just trolling, still in love with a player from Dallas, or don't know a damn thing about hockey.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Funny you say that about flyers fans, I kinda agree

What do the ones at the garden usually do that bugs you?

The year Bergy got injured (Jones) and Hartnell ran Alberts head into the boards (one of the most dirty hits I have ever seen) there was a Flyers fan and his wife/ girlfriend behind us....He kept saying what *******s B's fans were for thinking those were dirty hits...That all B's fans were fools...He kept saying it loud...My sis told me to " just let it go and ignore him" but my feelings about those hits were still quite raw (with Bergy still sitting in a dark room and not knowing if he would come back).....so..

I said " sure I guess if you are a flyer's fan you wouldn't see those as dirty hits however the flyers have more dirty hits than the ENTIRE NHL....He called me a bad name and maybe I gave him the finger....He told the guard he wanted me thrown out for flipping him off but since I am usually well behaved and know most of the guards near us the guard told him to sit back and be quite. He kept kicking the back of my seat until one of the security guards told him he was being watched.

A couple of years ago when the B's were playing the flyers in the playoffs 6 Philly fans sat in out section and screamed swears at Z and the B's. They also were throwing beers and got one very nice B's fan soaked. They got tossed at the start of the second period.

I am sure there are nice flyer's fans...I just haven't met them. The ones near us are usually drunk when they get to the game and proceed to act like idiots.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I feel bad for Caron. I think he's a better hockey player than he's showed these last few years. He's the same player he was when he was 19/20. I think you could actually make a case he's regressed. Looking back, he really should have spent those first two full seasons in Providence. Today, he's just not an NHL player IMO.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast

Geez....

Are you counting the empty net?:laugh:

All of his assists were nothing special. The last one was an empty net, the one before that he completely abandoned the play towards the corner boards while DK went to the front of the net. It looked like he deflected it, and if that were true, he would not have even gotten the point for that. He was just really lucky today.

I don't even remember the first two.

As a positive, he did have some shots on goal today and benefiting from the top line is good for his confidence. I want him to succeed, and I hope we see something amazing in the playoffs. I will be the first person to eat my words if he turns into a productive player.

member 96824

this isn't a playoff game, this is the exact type of game to let off some steam.

oh absolutely, I just don't want to see us give free power plays after clean hits in the playoffs. It is getting slightly annoying that Lucic feels he has to rough someone up anytime he gets hit, but that's part of the persona and I don't want to change a thing about that.

member 96824

All of his assists were nothing special. The last one was an empty net, the one before that he completely abandoned the play towards the corner boards while DK went to the front of the net. It looked like he deflected it, and if that were true, he would not have even gotten the point for that. He was just really lucky today.

As a positive, he did have some shots on goal today and benefiting from the top line is good for his confidence. I want him to succeed, and I hope we see something amazing in the playoffs. I will be the first person to eat my words if he turns into a productive player.

You're like the redeye guy, but the complete opposite. I'm convinced the world would stop turning if either of you passed away

You're already showing you would never be willing to eat your words though, because if he's a productive player...you'll chalk it up to just being "really lucky"

Empty net goals have importance, imagine if we had one against the Flyers last time

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Lucky, right. I especially like the "empty nets don't count" attitude.

"He's a very smart hockey player," Lucic said of Eriksson. "He's in the right position a lot of the times. He's got a good stick. And that's what makes him an easy player to play with. So two of the last three games where we were able to play with him, we were able to generate a lot of offensive chances, and today were able to get rewarded for those. And big game by him as well with four assists, so it's good to see him get rewarded and playing to the best of his abilities."

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013021160

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad