GDT: Game 78: Pens at Isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
5 goals vs the Islanders isn't really anything new in the Crosby era, but what is new is him only having one point in the blowout. Finally have DEPTH!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Many said let's wait and see, give him a Mulligan season to adjust. But some just insisted that since he does nothing else, if he isn't scoring he's worthless and it was a bad trade. I don't like to jump the gun so I generally stayed out of those discussions, but knee jerk reactions do get a little tiring. I'm happy to see him scoring. What a game for the whole squad.

Even when he's slumping Phil usually generates a lot of shots and chances off the rush so I feel like he does do good things even when he isn't scoring. His speed and shot are always a threat even when he isn't feeling it.

He's an underrated passer too. Makes some good feeds out there.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Its funny because he has been much more impressive as NHL'er than he ever was as an AHL'er.

Yeah... that's the other weird thing (though it happens) -- his AHL work didn't really give any indication that he'd be even as good as he is right this second in the NHL. Nobody was really saying "keep your eye on that Kuhnhackl kid... he's gonna be a good one."

Eli Cash

Apr 7, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Has anyone listened to the radio broadcast today? A friend just texted me saying that Mike Lange stated Hagelin may want to go back west for family reasons. Would be really disappointing..

Hamonic from the Islanders wants to go back West for family reasons. Your friend heard wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad