GDT: Game 78: Pens at Isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Barring a pretty bad bed wetting, I imagine this result nearly locks in a Rangers/Penguins round one matchup.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Wow... how impressive has Kuhn been the last month?

This was widely considered his last year to prove he was an NHL player. Or close to it. Mission accomplished, there. He might even have an outside shot to be more than a depth guy. His skillset is actually pretty impressive... which, remember, is largely what he was drafted for. And his skating has steadily improved year after year.

Its funny because he has been much more impressive as NHL'er than he ever was as an AHL'er.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I think Kuhn is the real deal. His playmaking ability is what I didn't expect. He could stack up some really nice points from the 3rd line.

Right now, this guy is our 2nd best LW, and I don't think it's very close.

Ykson

Apr 2, 2016
Has anyone listened to the radio broadcast today? A friend just texted me saying that Mike Lange stated Hagelin may want to go back west for family reasons. Would be really disappointing..

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I never cared much for detractors' arguments. Phil had to adapt twice, new team under ugh MJ then Sully.

Even less worried about PO.

One poster even referred to the Kessel trade as one of the worst in team history. It's insane the reactions people had to getting one of the best wings in the league because he struggled to adjust right away.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Has anyone listened to the radio broadcast today? A friend just texted me saying that Mike Lange stated Hagelin may want to go back west for family reasons. Would be really disappointing..

He's not a free agent and I doubt would ask to be traded with things going so well for him here.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Well hes not a FA till 2019 iirc so thats a long time from now.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
A coach's system really is the number one factor in how a player/team performs, as was evidenced by how **** sid looked compared to now.

The team now throughout the lineup plays with speed, and they aren't all hagelin and kessel type speedsters, but their system puts them in the right positions on the ice to use whatever speed they have and are succeeding because of it.

Really is a shame what johnston wasted for a year and a half.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
I never cared much for detractors' arguments. Phil had to adapt twice, new team under ugh MJ then Sully.

Even less worried about PO.

Many said let's wait and see, give him a Mulligan season to adjust. But some just insisted that since he does nothing else, if he isn't scoring he's worthless and it was a bad trade. I don't like to jump the gun so I generally stayed out of those discussions, but knee jerk reactions do get a little tiring. I'm happy to see him scoring. What a game for the whole squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad