GDT: Game # 78 - New York Rangers @ New York Islanders - 7:30pm EST - MSG (Nicholas Cage edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
How is the new Arena? Has anyone been to UBS yet?

I always like Nassau's sight lines but everything else was janky
It's a nice arena. Very wide concourses. Food is decent. It's definitely the better of the 3 arenas that the Isles called home. If you're in the 300's you're pretty high up and steep. Similar to Prudential Center, very large lower bowl (100's) and a split upper bowl (200's/300's). I liked the Heineken Terrace which is outdoors. Their store puts MSG's store to shame.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
Ready

pv5j1X.gif

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I'd also love to see Fox pick up where he left off last game and start to get hot now as we inch closer to the playoffs. He's a superstar that does things that are out of this world, but his game hasn't been as good as it was in the first half, I'd argue. I don't know if he's being careful and understands the big picture here, I don't know.

1st half, October-January
44 GP - 7 G - 40 A - 47 PTS

2nd half, February (post injury)-NOW
30 GP - 4 G - 18 A - 22 PTS
He's logged a lot of minutes and this is the first time he has gone through an 82 game season. He has definitely looked tired at times this year.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Just win the game. Make it the official ending of their season. Probably going to be 70/30 Rangers fans in the building tonight. Take care of business and win the game.

Also for the people not wanting to win the division, the Caps and Pens are tied in the standings, so finishing 2nd is just playing the Pens automatically. Could be facing Washington who has been pretty hot down the stretch. Not concerned with their standings position in terms of matchups go, just win games and see what happens.

NYR shouldn’t be considered about their opponent until the regular season ends. PIT, BOS, TB, WAS all have a legit chance to be our opponent from what I can tell

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Going to this one tonight. New UBS sucks for tailgating. That was one thing the Coliseum did right. Was a great place to tailgate. Pick up Street hockey games and Cornhole in the parking lot. New arena doesnt really have that.

Got work people going in tonight. Lots of Islander fans here. My buddy and I busted out the old school Sweaters for the game. Joey Kocur, and Colton Orr.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
They win this, it washes away the bad taste from the entire season series. Gets them ready to play these shitheads next year and more than likely a future playoff matchup. Understated game against the exact type of team that is kryptonite to this team, the type of team that will stand in the way of playoff glory. Let's f*ckin' go, I bet a stagehand at work a coffee so it'd be nice to make him buy me the most expensive espresso I could possibly find tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: Captain Lindy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad