GDT: Game # 78 - New York Rangers @ New York Islanders - 7:30pm EST - MSG (Nicholas Cage edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
How badly does your wife beat you?

f*** that I want 10 goals..... ok no injuries on either would be fine.
Honestly dont care if we win or lose. We are in the playoffs. Just want us to be healthy. And i cant stand another shutout by that joke of a franchise.

But right now its all about the PO’s. If we could forfeit everygame until the Pos started i would be happy.

If we stay healthy we can beat anyone. But if we get injuries and start needging to play guys like Mckegg we are screwed.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Can we just beat this team? This isn't a 50-win team by accident. They are elite. They have shown it all season, especially since they made the acquisitions. Let's beat another team we should beat and add another dos puntos.
But they could have been a 50 win team as well if:
......they're first 40 games weren't on the road
.......they didn't have team wide covid
.......have to cancel so many games
......have as many injuries as they did
......if they weren't in the toughest division
......if they only had a real coach that knew offense and defense.
......if they had knowledgeable fans with few excuses.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Let me take you boys back to 2020 for a second...and let's compare two players, shall we? Stats from 2020-2022

Player A:
195 GP - 51 G - 107 A - 158 PTS - 11.9 sh%

Player B:
190 GP - 50 G - 107 A - 157 PTS - 11.0 sh%

Can we guess the two players? They will be playing in tonight's game!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Honestly dont care if we win or lose. We are in the playoffs. Just want us to be healthy. And i cant stand another shutout by that joke of a franchise.

But right now its all about the PO’s. If we could forfeit everygame until the Pos started i would be happy.

If we stay healthy we can beat anyone. But if we get injuries and start needging to play guys like Mckegg we are screwed.
No really does she smack you around a little to keep you in line? Haha yeah I hear you, I hate the way they play. I love watching hockey, obviously, but I find my self looking up and counting ceiling tiles when their game is on tv.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-new-york-islanders.gif

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
No really does she smack you around a little to keep you in line? Haha yeah I hear you, I hate the way they play. I love watching hockey, obviously, but I find my self looking up and counting ceiling tiles when their game is on tv.
I wish she smacked me around a little. Lol

I hate everything about that shitty organization. Their style of play is crap, their gm is crap, their fans disappear if they dont win, and their new stadium screws up traffic.

They are boring and irrelevant.

But that doesn’t change my opinion of just escape the game without injury as the most important thing. Second most is score a god damn goal especially if its varlamov.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Note sure which goalie we're facing tonight, but the Rangers haven't scored on Varlamov since the Ottoman Empire existed, so it would be great to finally break that trend.

We need to get a lead first, there is nothing I enjoy watching more than the Islanders having to break out of their paint drying hockey game plan to try and come back. If they score first, you might need a coffee to stay awake.

edit: I agree - give me Varly and crowd that net.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Let me take you boys back to 2020 for a second...and let's compare two players, shall we? Stats from 2020-2022

Player A:
195 GP - 51 G - 107 A - 158 PTS - 11.9 sh%

Player B:
190 GP - 50 G - 107 A - 157 PTS - 11.0 sh%

Can we guess the two players? They will be playing in tonight's game!

A is Barzal and B is Strome?
Vice versa. I figured Strome was one of them, but wasn't sure on the other, so I looked it up.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I need to be somewhere at midnight, and wanted to go to UBS to catch the game, but the 7:30 PM start means "I'll turn into a pumpkin" so a no-go. A 7:00 PM start would have been doable. Oh well.

If this game goes the way like the last Islanders game, everyone here will turn into a pumpkin by 9pm.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Watch out for the cheapshot kings in this game.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Dino Lou has a mandate out for it.
They did against the bruins/Lightning last year in the playoffs. It worked with the former and almost with the latter as well.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Just win the game. Make it the official ending of their season. Probably going to be 70/30 Rangers fans in the building tonight. Take care of business and win the game.

Also for the people not wanting to win the division, the Caps and Pens are tied in the standings, so finishing 2nd is just playing the Pens automatically. Could be facing Washington who has been pretty hot down the stretch. Not concerned with their standings position in terms of matchups go, just win games and see what happens.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
How is the new Arena? Has anyone been to UBS yet?

I always like Nassau's sight lines but everything else was janky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad