GDT: Game 78: Hawks @ Avs | Friday, March 30th, 7pm MT | Pray For Me

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs playing against back up goalie is bad enough, but the 3rd goalie? They're doomed.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I forgot whose playing tonight then I remembered and immediately commenced epic eye roll
So I’m thinking 60/40 Hawks fans to Avs fans ratio

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I'll wager there will still be a hefty Hawks contingent since I know a lot of them buy the tickets at the start of the season.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This'll be my last game of the season unless they squeak into the playoffs. It's usually about 50/50 Avs to Hawks fans. Half my party is actually going to be in cherry red, but she's cute so she gets a pass. :D

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This'll be my last game of the season unless they squeak into the playoffs. It's usually about 50/50 Avs to Hawks fans. Half my party is actually going to be in cherry red, but she's cute so she gets a pass. :D

My roommate and I get the STL game, so hopefully that game will actually mean something. I know you’ve had good luck this year, hope you can bring some tonight!

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
My roommate and I get the STL game, so hopefully that game will actually mean something. I know you’ve had good luck this year, hope you can bring some tonight!
The only two losses I've seen were the Devils and the Flames this whole season! Oh and Nashville, but at least they got a point out of that one.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The only two losses I've seen were the Devils and the Flames this whole season! Oh and Nashville, but at least they got a point out of that one.

I’ve seen a couple losses, but none with my roommate. So here’s to one last W for ya!

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Avs, let's make this a happy drinking night instead of just drowning away our sorrows.

Reactions: Murzu

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Anaheim and LA play each other tonight...

So one way or another, a team we're chasing is not going to get 2 points tonight.

As long as we win tonight game we'll still control our own fate heading into the last week of the season. If we win and the Ducks lose we'll actually jump ahead of them in the standings before the biggest game of the season on Sunday night.

If the Ducks win and we win, well we stay 1 point behind them, but also jump back to just 1 point behind LA with a game in hand.

So we still control our own fate. But this is a huge game for a couple of reasons. One, there's no excuse to lose to a team that far down the standings, coming in on the 2nd night of a B2B, with a 3rd string goalie in net. The second reason this game is huge, is it gives the forwards(Especially Mack and Rantanen) the chance to get on the scoreboard again and get rid of this cold streak that the offense has went on lately.

Both games against Vegas and the game against Philly were winnable games, but the offense simply could not score goals when we needed them to. We need that offense to come back if we're going to make a run of things down the stretch.
Ducks and Kings both have 4 home games while we have only 1 after this, I'm scared

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I hope the Hawks decide to play free wheeling hockey. It'll bode well for us. They're usually a team that MacKinnon and the rest of the top guys perform well against, so hopefully we can use the Hawks to get them out of this funk they're in prior to the California trip.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Crazy how much red is in this building right now. Feels like a quarter of the Denver Metro Area is Hawks fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad