GDT: Game 78: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 4/4 2PM EDT

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I followed 2 separate cars on the way home on I70 West. Both with Ohio plates , all occupants in Pens gear. I passed them both, blew my horn & flipped them off. Bandwagon asshats.

I read that as penis gear at first... Same thing I guess.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I knew someone would eventually post this...
How about being happy about the fact that this team, when healthy, is pretty damn good. As well as setting a franchise record and beating those damn Penguins. The Jackets don't need a high pick to be good, and besides, unless you're picking top 3, you're not going to get a guy who will make an immediate impact. This team is passed that. This team is a winner NOW. Enough BS about these over-hyped prospects. No way we get McEichel anyway, so who cares?
I'd rather them trade the pick to get a player who will help us NOW, not in 3-5 years

Keep winning, Jackets. I'm proud of you guys.

Agree with everything you said here. Well put.

distinctkickgmotion

Nov 18, 2014
Vic Village
That game was fun as hell. The atmosphere was great...that Foligno hatty was the most fun I've had at the Nat all year. Cheers to day drinking on 50 degree Saturday afternoons in Cbus:laugh:

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Just want to point out that are nearly as many posts in today's GDT complaining about Pens running Bob as there are posts in the last GDT complaining about Boll playing. something to consider (but won't be)

I think this more than made up for it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
TallNeedyBuckeyebutterfly.gif

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I think this more than made up for it.

Oh that is lovely, no doubt. I just find it pretty hilarious that a chorus that was calling for the coach's head for scratching a rookie for a game, in favor of our enforcer, can seemingly un-ironically transform into a chorus, the next game, bemoaning how our goalie has gotten run over and over and needs protected.

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Oh that is lovely, no doubt. I just find it pretty hilarious that a chorus that was calling for the coach's head for scratching a rookie for a game, in favor of our enforcer, can seemingly un-ironically transform into a chorus, the next game, bemoaning how our goalie has gotten run over and over and needs protected.

That would be supreme irony, yes, if there was any reason to believe that Jared Boll would somehow prevent Hornqvist from doing his job. He would not.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
That would be supreme irony, yes, if there was any reason to believe that Jared Boll would somehow prevent Hornqvist from doing his job. He would not.

Agreed.

See: Last year's playoff series, using the player the Penguins traded for Hornqvist (James Neal)

Or did I miss Jared Boll punching James Neal in the face for running into Bobrovsky at some point?

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

ifs, ands, and buts. I don't give a hoot. I'm pointing out the perceptions around here, and the potential relationship between what people were complaining about one game and what they're complaining about another game. You wanna argue it, fine, but it's just your predictable position speaking.

Fact is, HCTR just broke his own record for consecutive wins by his hockey club, we won both games, and Dano looked better tonight than he had in a couple of games. Could it be, coach knows what he doing??

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
okey doke. Too bad your opinion isn't shared and we'll see Richards behind the bench next year.

:shakehead

HF, only place you can argue with results

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Richards is 2 wins from tying Hitchcock as the winningest CBJ coach. Hitchcock was here for 284 games, Richards has been here for 248.

I start to want Richards gone and then he goes off on winning streaks like this with a healthy roster. Clearly, if he can do this well with a healthy roster, then there's no reason to get rid of him outside of the poor starts to the season argument.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
No It could not.

I don't think benching Dano had as much to do with his play as it did trying to motivate him to being either better. Nikita Filatov had a hat trick in his sixth NHL game ... had he been benched for his seventh, I would be willing to bet you dollars to doughnuts that you would have reacted the same way. We all know how that turned out.

I'm not saying that benching Dano was the solution or even the right move. But how do you know that Dano didn't show up late for a meeting or do something behind the scenes to earn a benching? This isn't Toronto ... everything doesn't come out to the media, and when dealing with a young player, that's a good thing.

For all we know, he could have thrown a "Danny doesn't do rebounds" at HCTR.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah, I get it. I'm still pissed off so I'm not amused. Why didn't the officials didn't protect Bob is beyond me.

That's the kind of crap you get all day long when Boll isn't in the lineup, Morin did absolutely nothing. Dano didn't look good either, but I wouldn't scratch Dano for Boll, but Morin absolutely shouldn't have been in over Boll. All the little rats come out when they know they won't have to pay a price.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Nine game winning streak, franchise record. 6th multi-goal deficit comeback win of season, franchise record. I very hope ***rags not break our streak.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That's the kind of crap you get all day long when Boll isn't in the lineup, Morin did absolutely nothing. Dano didn't look good either, but I wouldn't scratch Dano for Boll, but Morin absolutely shouldn't have been in over Boll. All the little rats come out when they know they won't have to pay a price.

I mean he got popped in the face...I think the message was still sent

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

If you think Boll was going to stop the Little ***** from running our goal tender you are a bit on the naive side. We have more than enough toughness on this team with players willing to drop the gloves - Prout included.

This has to be the most idiotic position I've seen in a long, long time.

Thanks for sharing.

Who knows if Johnson gets a small suspension for that punch. The little ***** needed another ass beating for his deliberate run on Bob. Officials need to protect our goalies. If they aren't going to do it, the players are going to need to do their own policing.

We had that little ***** do that and we had Foligno do everything humanly possible to avoid contact on one of his goals. Big distinction between the players there.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
funny, I figured you tankers did that some time ago

Yeah, yeah. :laugh:

Just to try and set the record straight. I'm not sure I ever advocated tanking (at least not seriously). Tanking to me is playing C-Mac down the stretch, calling up a few more prospects, sitting Foligno, Dubi, Joey,et al for the occasional "rest". Tanking is the players going through the motions rather than playing hard. I respect these guys a whole lot for not doing that. This winning streak has been achieved by beating many of the teams fighting for playoff spots. I respect the organization for not bringing up more prospects. They haven't tanked.

What I have hoped for is a few more losses. I understand the guys who believe that this finish will carry over until next year and will forever set the stage for the next great hockey dynasty. I just don't, and probably never will, buy into the fact that a impressive winning streak at the end of the season is better than a better draft position and in this year's case a better chance to draft a projected generational talent.

And for everyone who says we don't need that kind of a guy you're wrong. Every team needs that kind of a player. Especially a team like the Jackets that are pretty damn good when healthy and had a string of bad luck on the injury front this year. A guy like that or even a Noah Hanifan maybe could be the missing piece to a long term run of success. You want a top 2 D man? It isn't coming cheaply and having an extra blue chipper around allows more flexibility in putting together a deal that might land such a player.

There is a lot of good that has or will come from this winning streak in terms of fan interest both now and for next season. It will make the summer easier for the players. But when the puck drops next October and in future seasons the odds say that a guy picked 5-7 will have more of an impact than this winning streak. In fact the guy we draft wherever we pick will have more impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad