Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Thanks Lee. I'm Prout to be here.;)

150529160225-facebook-gif-13-custom-1.gif

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
But I WOULD call Prout bad. (nice attempt at changing the subject though) :sarcasm:

Cmon Lee, I know stats rarely tell the whole story, but for a 6-3 223 guy that brings a physical element to clear the crease, pounds nearly everyone he fights, a -7 isnt really that bad. Jones & Murray are both -7 as well, but they do play the number one matchups. I see prout game similiar to Brooks Orpik. I know he still ha some costly turnovers here and there, but hes still pretty young.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Cmon Lee, I know stats rarely tell the whole story, but for a 6-3 223 guy that brings a physical element to clear the crease, pounds nearly everyone he fights, a -7 isnt really that bad. Jones & Murray are both -7 as well, but they do play the number one matchups. I see prout game similiar to Brooks Orpik. I know he still ha some costly turnovers here and there, but hes still pretty young.

People keep calling Prout and Golo young, but both are 26. When will they not be pretty young any more?

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Prout's 26.

And Orpik?? That's a good troll effort.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
People keep calling Prout and Golo young, but both are 26. When will they not be pretty young any more?

Typically , Defenseman is the hardest position to develop. I still consider 26 pretty young. Skills are not regressing due to age. And still the potential to get better. He also brings a toughness, and ability to move people out of the crease. I just think when hes bad, hes pretty bad, but his numbers are inline with Murray, Seth, etc.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
And Prout set some sort of CBJ rookie +/- record :laugh:

Sorry I probably wasnt very clear, Orpiks first full season, he was a -36. Prout was actually a plus 15 his first full season. Im not saying Prout becomes the full player Orpik is, but Orpik started developing around the age Prout is now, and they have similar play styles. I'm sure this is why the Jackets re signed him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad