GDT: Game 78: Columbus at Carolina | 4/2 7PM EDT

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If Kukan keeps developing and can break through the rookie wall (when he eventually hits it), I think he might be on our opening night roster next season. +4 tonight? That's insane!

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I have a feeling Boll is bought out, especially with prout being resigned . We should move Campbell, that leaves Clarkson just needing benched

I hope you are right, but my experience as a CBJ fan leads me to believe its gonna be one more year of Campbell, Clarkson and Boll wedged in the lineup.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the team acquires something in the offseason for some veteran presence or some BS.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Yep. I don't care what he says, it a weight on Nicky. Take the weight off him and his numbers will improve (probably not to last year's levels, but still)

I agree....so my concern is: Would the same happen to Boone if he were given the C?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I agree....so my concern is: Would the same happen to Boone if he were given the C?

From my memory , Boone has been captain couple times in the past . It will all work itself out . When u have players saying that if everyone played as hard as Boone ... That's quite a testament . He has to be uncomfortable with 20 stitches in mouth , missing 3 teeth , and a big bubble boy shield , and he just continues to lead by example

KlichkoBro*

I'm glad that I was mentioning Kukan as a wishful call-up from the Monsters for so long.
And I hope the Jackets management realizes that Bjork has played 9 games already and he has to get sent down. Call up someone else.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I'm glad that I was mentioning Kukan as a wishful call-up from the Monsters for so long.
And I hope the Jackets management realizes that Bjork has played 9 games already and he has to get sent down. Call up someone else.
This only applies to 18 and 19 year old players. Bjorkstrand is old enough that he's burning a year of his ELC whether he plays in the AHL for the rest of the season or not.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
That's going to be a tough call if you strip the C from Foligno. If you're selected as Captain, that means you're something special on the ice and maybe more importantly off the ice. To pull it away from a veteran like Nick after just one season, it may do more harm than good, especially to him.

KlichkoBro*

This only applies to 18 and 19 year old players. Bjorkstrand is old enough that he's burning a year of his ELC whether he plays in the AHL for the rest of the season or not.

Damn. You're right. I even forgot that he was drafted the same year with Wennberg, gonna turn 21 next week.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I think the age thing in the slide case applies to when the player signs not how old he is now. OB signed in 2013 as an 18 year old. I think Klichko is right -if he went down now his deal would slide. But I think he is here to stay based on his performance.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
That's going to be a tough call if you strip the C from Foligno. If you're selected as Captain, that means you're something special on the ice and maybe more importantly off the ice. To pull it away from a veteran like Nick after just one season, it may do more harm than good, especially to him.

I actually think he'll get one more season at the very least. If he or the team has another season like this one, all bets are off. No, that's not what I would do because I can be a bit of a hardass about things involving leadership.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
If Kukan keeps developing and can break through the rookie wall (when he eventually hits it), I think he might be on our opening night roster next season. +4 tonight? That's insane!

Thinking Kukan definitely has injected himself into the conversation. Not to base anything on one game; but after last night gotta believe if Werenski is ready; then Gobulef becomes expendable.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Thinking Kukan definitely has injected himself into the conversation. Not to base anything on one game; but after last night gotta believe if Werenski is ready; then Gobulef becomes expendable.

Golo has been terrible lately, but I think it's too early to give up on him. And if he goes, then Prout becomes the third RHD by default. That probably means guaranteed minutes for Prout unless Tyutin, Kukan, or Werenski are played out of position. A healthier situation would be to force Golo and Prout to compete for the bottom pair RHD minutes.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Golo has been terrible lately, but I think it's too early to give up on him. And if he goes, then Prout becomes the third RHD by default. That probably means guaranteed minutes for Prout unless Tyutin, Kukan, or Werenski are played out of position. A healthier situation would be to force Golo and Prout to compete for the bottom pair RHD minutes.

Portzline said the there is a demand for Prout and his skills by other teams. Don't know how accurate that is, but his opinion is just as good as some others on this board. I think with Prout signed for 2 years, it might make him easier to trade if that's the direction the CBJ want to go.

PS I was at the game last night in Raleigh and it was kind of funny the way Prout got under the skin of the Carolina fans, especially in the first when he roughed up that little squirt Gerbe and got away with it.

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014

I Think Torts puts Prout up there with Dubi, Jenner and Atkinson who play the way he wants them too and does what he says. I don't see him being traded, he can play LHD, RHD or forward. Torts is a good fit for Prout. He works on his speed over the summer with Savard and comes to camp ready for whatever Torts throws their way. Golo? Dog house. Not quite a fit. May be gone.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I Think Torts puts Prout up there with Dubi, Jenner and Atkinson who play the way he wants them too and does what he says. I don't see him being traded, he can play LHD, RHD or forward. Torts is a good fit for Prout. He works on his speed over the summer with Savard and comes to camp ready for whatever Torts throws their way. Golo? Dog house. Not quite a fit. May be gone.

I'm not worried about Prout's speed and he's okay without the puck. But in my book defensemen need to get the puck moving forward without turning it over. It's the #1 function. I don't know how Prout can be expected to learn that if he hasn't already.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I'm not worried about Prout's speed and he's okay without the puck. But in my book defensemen need to get the puck moving forward without turning it over. It's the #1 function. I don't know how Prout can be expected to learn that if he hasn't already.
"If you can't skate well and/or can't make a clean first pass, you aren't a defensive defenseman. You are a bad defenseman." - Travis Yost

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014
"If you can't skate well and/or can't make a clean first pass, you aren't a defensive defenseman. You are a bad defenseman." - Travis Yost

I wouldn't call Golo "bad" he just makes some mistakes which they all do. He's young he'll learn. I don't think he plays the way Torts wants his non highly skilled d-men to play. So he might have go.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I wouldn't call Golo "bad" he just makes some mistakes which they all do. He's young he'll learn. I don't think he plays the way Torts wants his non highly skilled d-men to play. So he might have go.

But I WOULD call Prout bad. (nice attempt at changing the subject though) :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad