GDT: Game 78 - Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets - Wednesday, April 5th, 2023 - 6:30pm CDT - Sportsnet - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Flames are fragile. Score early and we can put them away
a-christmas-story-fragile.gif

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
At the beginning of the schedule if one said that the Jets were going to be a couple of wins away from a playoff spot at this point of the season, everyone would happily say “no way!” At the beginning of the schedule if one said that the Flames were going to be a couple of losses away from being out of a playoff spot at this point of the season, everyone would say “no way!” A ways to go yet, but a Jets win tonight would certainly shorten the road.

At the half-way point of the season if anyone said the Jets were going to be in a fight for a PO spot everyone would laughingly say "no way!" :laugh:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Flames are fragile. Score early and we can put them away
Flames were down 2 goals to the Ducks, and the Canucks after the 1st period, and came back to win those key games.( just recently) Be nice if it was smooth sailing, but this Flames team can come from behind, and the Jets should keep the pressure on til the final buzzer, if their up early in the game. Nothing taken for granted here, as this is a very critical game.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Glad no one is saying it’s a “must win” since it’s not but definitely a big game. Would be nice to give Helle and other players some rest going into the playoffs.

Yeah I've been beating this drum too. Even if we wind up making it anyways, that extra bit of rest would be absolutely huge. I believe our 'magic points' with Calgary is 8, and if so, a clean win tonight would take off half that in one go.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Yeah I've been beating this drum too. Even if we wind up making it anyways, that extra bit of rest would be absolutely huge. I believe our 'magic points' with Calgary is 8, and if so, a clean win tonight would take off half that in one go.

Definitely hoping we can wrap up the spot by Saturday to give us three meaningless games to rest up some players like Hellebuyck.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Definitely hoping we can wrap up the spot by Saturday to give us three meaningless games to rest up some players like Hellebuyck.

Narrative-wise, isn't that the ideal amount too? Not too much so you get rusty, but enough that you have time to recharge.

Reactions: imec

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
It seems to flip flop between Nashville and Calgary as to who is the threat.

Given that Calgary has a soft schedule and Nashville has a brutal schedule, I still think Calgary is the chief threat (and playoff % estimates agree with that).

Although Nashville has been a big surprise down the stretch.

Reactions: thereturn and imec

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Its interesting to see that Flames fans think the Jets have performed well below expectations just like they have. I kind of think if you told me at the start of the year we would be in this spot I would probably be very happy.

The Flames remind me of us last season. Expected big things and it just didn't happen

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Who cares what the game is called... must win. can't lose, not a must win... seriously who gives a f***.

Lets' call it a PREFERRED Victory then to avoid all the arguments, except this will probably cause an argument.

I know how the players are looking at this game, and NONE of them are going into tonights game thinking they are still "all good" if they lose to Calgary. As soon as you think you don't have to win, you have already lost.

"[Wednesday] night is probably going to be like a Game 7 for both teams," Bowness said after the Jets practised Tuesday. "I think that's the importance of the game for both teams."

Bowness says it may not be an elimination game, but the Jets will treat it like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad