GDT: Game 78 - Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets - Wednesday, April 5th, 2023 - 6:30pm CDT - Sportsnet - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
The Winnipeg Jets take on the Calgary Flames tonight in a blizzard of a battle for one of the last two Wild Card spots in the Western Conference. The Jets have won their last two games, a 6-2 victory over the Detroit Red Wings and a 6-1 win over the New Jersey Devils and now have a record of 43-31-3 and are 5-5 in their last ten games. The Flames are coming off of a 4-3 loss against the Chicago Blackhawks last night and are now 36-27-15 on the season and 6-3-1 in their last ten games. They are currently only two points behind us in the race for a playoff spot, so this game is ever so important for both teams. Has Winnipeg found it's scoring touch or will they fall back to shooting muffins? Will the blizzard even allow Calgary to reach Winterpeg, and if they do, how late will it be? Will @Fatdrunk be “Feelin' It” tonight and will @Duke749 be laughing at us after we get all this snow in April? These questions and many others will be answered soon enough...

Once again, it's time for...

Learnding with Mac.jpg

We all know that both the Winnipeg Jets and the Calgary Flames originated in the city of Atlanta, but there are other facts you may not know about the Hollywood of the South...

Atlanta-scaled.jpg.optimal.jpg

Atlanta has become renowned as the "Zombie Capital of the World" due to its prolific production of horror and zombie-related films, television shows, and other media. The city has become a hub for zombie-themed entertainment, with major productions such as The Walking Dead, Zombieland, and Resident Evil all being filmed in and around the city. Atlanta's zombie-friendly atmosphere has also attracted numerous zombie-themed events, such as the annual Atlanta Zombie Pub Crawl and the Atlanta Zombie Walk. With its growing reputation as a zombie-friendly destination, Atlanta is sure to remain the Zombie Capital of the World for years to come. I wonder if Atlanta has an Amberzombie & Finch clothing outlet...

5310366974_ca770a5361_z.jpg

Atlanta was the only city to get destroyed as an act of war during the Civil War after General William Sherman set it ablaze in 1864 during the Battle of Atlanta. The fire destroyed about 40 percent of the city — with more than 3,000 buildings burned to the ground...

Atlanta%2C+GA%2C+1864.+Destruction+of+Hood%27s+Ordnance+train%2C+Georgia+Central+Railroad.jpg

The largest and busiest drive-in restaurant in the world is The Varsity, which is an Atlanta Landmark. Every day The Varsity serves the most Coca-Cola in the world, 300 gallons of chili, 2500 pounds of potatoes and over 2 miles worth of hot dogs...

the-varsity-1409155532.jpg

It used to be illegal in Atlanta to put an ice cream cone in your back pocket. Maybe front pockets were okay, in case you needed to save it for later...

maxresdefault.jpg

...and you also would have been sent to jail for tying a Giraffe to a telephone pole...

th-1.jpeg

The etching of Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and Jefferson Davis on Stone Mountain just east of Atlanta is the world’s largest bas relief...

awfffefew.jpeg

It only takes a few minutes driving around Atlanta to realize that you have to be careful when entering street names into your GPS. There are over 55 streets incorporating "Peachtree" in one way or another, so it can get confusing. But historians believe that the streets are named not for a Georgia peach, but instead for the Native American village called "Standing Pitch Tree." Somehow, they drawled it into "Peachtree," as the story goes...

Peachtree-Street-NW_Atlanta_Marilyn-Nieves-and-@gettysignature-copy.jpg

You may think that you'll enjoy stretching your legs before or after your flight at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. However, the passenger terminal complex is the size of more than 45 football fields. That's a long stretch, so you're probably better off taking the tram between terminals. Atlanta acts as a major hub for travel due to the city’s fantastic positioning within the U.S., being around a 3-hour flight from the majority of top U.S. cities and states. This is why Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is considered to be one of the world’s busiest airports...

Atlanta_Hartsfield-Jackson.jpg

So let's “burn” the Flames and “take off” to another victory in the Battle of Atlanta! Go Jets Go!:hockey:

Thanks to: 10 fun and interesting Atlanta facts, Little Known Facts about Atlanta — Canopy, 50 Fun Facts About Atlanta, 5 Historical Facts You Didn't Know About Atlanta, 88 Awe-Inspiring Facts about Atlanta (2023 Data!) - Fun World Facts and Discover 19 of the most Interesting Facts About Atlanta Georgia

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Thanks @macmaroon love the Zombie land reference, I did not know that one nor the weird Girraffe thingy lol

here is to our lucky lady Zombie for this most important GDT

1680691606409.gif

1680691763535.jpeg

Besides does Darryl really believe in this crew to get a win here tonight? Darryl..
1680691926121.gif

May the JETS continue to BRING there A Game! Win this game and I am firmly back on the band Wagon!

1680692064819.gif

GO JETS GO, GO JETS GO, GO JETS GO….
:jets:jets:jets:jets:jets:jets:jets:jets:jets:jets

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Well, I haven't been out yet lol...just looking out my apartment window. Maybe the main roads aren't too bad. Yeah, it'll likely be fine. But there's still a lot coming it appears.
Nah, you're right, it is ugly out there and no, the main roads aren't in good shape. I don't drive a Prius, but I do drive a sedan (with winters on it) and this is as bad as I've seen it, even days with more snow and blowing haven't been this bad. Traction is terrible.

Why? Well, it appears the decision makers at City Hall decided that since the forecast for the weekend is seasonal temperatures above zero, they'd wait for "the melt". Saves them spending money they most assuredly didn't budget for April snow clearing, because we never get snow in April, right? Abdicating responsibility for safety is what I'd call it. Not a freaking city plow out there this morning on my commute. Lots of private plows in parking lots for businesses, but none on Pembina, Portage, Main. One great city hall my ass.

GJG.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Lol Calgary really shit the bed last night

Looking forward to this one though, and the subsequent Wpg Chief tweets to follow! should be a great game. hopefully the uptick in goal-scoring continues for the Jets

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Nah, you're right, it is ugly out there and no, the main roads aren't in good shape. I don't drive a Prius, but I do drive a sedan (with winters on it) and this is as bad as I've seen it, even days with more snow and blowing haven't been this bad. Traction is terrible.

Why? Well, it appears the decision makers at City Hall decided that since the forecast for the weekend is seasonal temperatures above zero, they'd wait for "the melt". Saves them spending money they most assuredly didn't budget for April snow clearing, because we never get snow in April, right? Abdicating responsibility for safety is what I'd call it. Not a freaking city plow out there this morning on my commute. Lots of private plows in parking lots for businesses, but none on Pembina, Portage, Main. One great city hall my ass.

GJG.
Just heard on the radio. Plows now out and the will be out through the day. Final total of snow will top out at around 20 - 25 cms.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I think we will be able to tell what we have in this team based off tonights game. Your season hinges on one game, you have had rest and practice and facing a team that has to be deflated and tired. This has to be our best effort of the season.

Convincing win and I will have some hope heading into playffoffs.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

GJG.
Why don't you plow the roads!?
Why are you raising my taxes?!
Why are you running a deficit?!
Get off my lawn!!!

😙🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad