GDT: Game 77: Seattle Kraken @ Vancouver Canucks (7 PM PT/ 10 PM ET)

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Nice comeback playing on the back end of a back-to-back.
giphy.gif

Overall the team seems to be able to take advantage of lesser teams and gets the points needed.
Three more points and we're in the playoffs.

Next one on Thursday against Arizona might be even the one to clinch a playoff spot.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Here is the playoff picture.

We're +7 vs. Calgary and they have a maximum of 8 points. 1 win by us, regardless of whatever else happens puts us 9 points ahead of them. It is mathematically impossible for them to knock us out of the playoffs.

We're +8 vs. Nashville and they have a maximum of 10 points. 1 win by us puts us 10 points ahead and they would have to run the table and we would have to lose in regulation every other game in order to tie. At that point RW comes into play. With 1 win we have 35 RW and in the aforementioned scenario, they would end up with a max of 33.

1 more win and we're guaranteed to be in the playoffs as at least WC2.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Here is the playoff picture.

We're +7 vs. Calgary and they have a maximum of 8 points. 1 win by us, regardless of whatever else happens puts us 9 points ahead of them. It is mathematically impossible for them to knock us out of the playoffs.

We're +8 vs. Nashville and they have a maximum of 10 points. 1 win by us puts us 10 points ahead and they would have to run the table and we would have to lose in regulation every other game in order to tie. At that point RW comes into play. With 1 win we have 35 RW and in the aforementioned scenario, they would end up with a max of 33.

1 more win and we're guaranteed to be in the playoffs as at least WC2.
I could be wrong but I think in case of a points tie they look at ROW and not RW. We have 43 ROW compared to 34 for both Calgary and Nashville. With 2 points it would not matter if either of them run the table.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I could be wrong but I think in case of a points tie they look at ROW and not RW. We have 43 ROW compared to 34 for both Calgary and Nashville. With 2 points it would not matter if either of them run the table.
I believe that was the old system. Here is an article from a couple weeks ago.

And, yes, as I said, 1 win by the Kraken and they are in. It is irrelevant what Calgary and Nashville do at that point.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I believe that was the old system. Here is an article from a couple weeks ago.

And, yes, as I said, 1 win by the Kraken and they are in. It is irrelevant what Calgary and Nashville do at that point.
Ah thanks for that, didn't realize that had changed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad