GDT: [Game #77] Dallas Stars @ Edmonton Oilers - 7:30 PM CT (BSSWX)

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Not looking good for Dallas. They are 4-4-2 in last 10. They seem to be fading away down the stretch while everyone else looks good.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
The Oilers, much like the Canucks, much like most teams do, have improved drastically since a mid-season coaching change.

Must be nice
I know the short term bump is common, but do most teams actually improve over the course of the season? I'd love to see the math if any of the analytics types have done it.

From this season we have Edmonton and Vancouver improving, Chicago and Philly getting worse (or maybe in Philly's case, just staying terrible since they couldn't get worse), Winnipeg I think got a little worse, Montreal appears to have regressed significantly after their strong run and are now just as bad as before. Anyone else I missed? From last season, Calgary continued to be bad after Sutter was brought on, they didn't improve until this season.

I know selling at the deadline complicates things, but it seems to be a risky move. Probably worth it for a just-out-of-the-playoffs team like Dallas was at midseason, but it's just not Nill's style to do anything major in-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad