Desjardins, Kempny, Rozsival, Tootoo

Injured
Anisimov

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I tend to forget how good Chicago's roster still is, even after bleeding talent in the offseason for the past several years.

I'm hoping we can do Bobo a solid and play a good game in front of him. Don't want to see the guy have a poor game at this point in the season.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
^^^^^^^^^

Agree 100%. Hawks looked pretty awesome demolishing the Pens the other night. A good game here could really boost playoff confidence.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm wavering between a 1-0 win and 2-1 loss tonight. :sarcasm: .....actually hoping we have a drought-breaker night with the forwards showing they can play with the Hawks.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
This is going to be a fun one. Offense will come. People forget that there are lulls and that these guys aren't robots. No worries here.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I know many of you have been concerned since the end of "the streak" and that I did not share that concern. The fact I'm concerned now, about the offense particularly, isn't necessarily me "coming around."

About 10 games ago I think at least some of the guys dropped the "what do I have to do today, as a pro, to get better and make my team better" approach. It was bound to happen. The season's effing long and wears on a guy (I would guess, and it's been said, not that I know from experience). Even before the team clinched the guys knew they were going to make the postseason, so it becomes more difficult to maintain that head-down focus.

The question for me is, obviously, can they recapture that when the playoffs come around and it really is all about today?

Yes, there are schematic things that need addressed but I feel like this is the biggest thing.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Tonight feels like the low point. Back-to-back, travel issues, and running into a really good team. A 6-0 loss is the same as a 2-1, so expectations are low.

The focus gets better on Sunday. Washington, then Pittsburgh, our first two playoff opponents are up next, with a lot at stake. Two wins in those game pretty much wraps up home ice in round one.

So, this feels like an NBA game where the starters are rested because there's something bigger in a few days.

I'm usually wrong, so the Jackets will probably win 4-1.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
With playing last night, and the travel issues, this one could be bad.

At this point I disagree with Torts' approach on how to get the offense going. It doesn't need to be about recreating creativity, he just needs to tell them to shoot the puck every ****ing chance they get until they start going in. That's what I want to see tonight, a ton of shots.

I agree with what DSL said. Seems that for the past month or so, the effort has died down and we've survived on Bob and good defense alone. I've been telling myself that they're just saving themselves for the playoffs, so I hope that's actually the case.

Go Jackets. Don't get blown out. Be better than the Pens.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I know many of you have been concerned since the end of "the streak" and that I did not share that concern. The fact I'm concerned now, about the offense particularly, isn't necessarily me "coming around."

About 10 games ago I think at least some of the guys dropped the "what do I have to do today, as a pro, to get better and make my team better" approach. It was bound to happen. The season's effing long and wears on a guy (I would guess, and it's been said, not that I know from experience). Even before the team clinched the guys knew they were going to make the postseason, so it becomes more difficult to maintain that head-down focus.

The question for me is, obviously, can they recapture that when the playoffs come around and it really is all about today?

Yes, there are schematic things that need addressed but I feel like this is the biggest thing.

The PP to me is the thing that needs addressed the most. Currently the puck movement is slower than molasses; it's a lot slower than I recall it when it was clicking. I think a more compact, quicker passing structure is needed vs the current spread out and slow.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I agree with you, as well. They need to focus on their effort a bit more.

11855406.gif

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Prior to beating up downtrodden Pens...Hawks lost 3 of 4 by combined score of 20-10, including a home loss to Canucks and 7-0 loss to Florida. The one win was a SO over Dallas.

A regulation win should pretty much secure CBJ the 2nd best record in NHL and home ice for any series not against Caps.

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
I don't really see CBJ winning this game. With the quick turn around time and long travel, I can't imagine us winning. Best case scenario would be a win obviously, but more realistically something along the lines of 1-0 or 2-1 loss in OT, CBJ picking up a point.

I do agree with some posters that we should rest some of our guys for the next two big games. Let guys like Korpikoski play today.. When was the last time he played anyway?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
If we can squeak out a point I'd be stoked.. two points? I might go streaking after the game.. :D

Hopefully the travel issues don't turn into an excuse.. life happens, still have to go out and do your job.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Prior to beating up downtrodden Pens...Hawks lost 3 of 4 by combined score of 20-10, including a home loss to Canucks and 7-0 loss to Florida. The one win was a SO over Dallas.

A regulation win should pretty much secure CBJ the 2nd best record in NHL and home ice for any series not against Caps.

This. The previous 5 games before the game against the Pens were not good efforts by the Hawks. They had gone 17-3 prior to the last 6 games and were playing very well over that stretch. Then they hit a lull and even though they managed to grab a few points during that 5 game swoon - they didn't play well. Lack of focus and lack of energy led to lack of execution and it was ugly.

Then they played the Pens and were hitting on all cylinders - crisp passing and 200' effort for 60 minutes. But, the Pens were playing without 3 of their top-4 d-men and 4 of their top-9 forwards. So ... have the Hawks gotten their game back on track or was it more of the Pens being undermanned? The game tonight against you guys will answer that question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad