Post-Game Talk: GAME #77: Canucks 4 vs. Ducks 5 | Spirited comeback attempt, but nothing to show for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

hdhIgaS.jpg

Last edited:

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Sweet win streak to close out the year?? OHHH YYYEEEESSS!!!

Could be a 2 game win streak, maybe 3 with Dallas... looks like San Jose will sweep our season series though.

Still not going to cheer for the Canucks to lose, but logically better if we drop these last games. :dunno:

Hope the kids still do something. There's hope for a Calder trophy at least.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Super excited. Two lowest scoring teams since Christmas. Should be a good ol' Jim Benning style barn burner!

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
According to Murph.

- Hughes and Hutton very unlikely tonight but expect both to be in the lineup on Thursday

- Teves has a good chance in making his Canuck debut TNT

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Brain teaser for Canucks fans, would you rather watch Little things? Or big Zack Mckewen?

Would you rather watch Poopliot? Or Teves?

I hate watching this team when they are out and still won’t play youth....

Especially guys that aren’t getting brought back as RFA’s... Pouliot, Granlund and Goldobin are gone so why keep playing them?

Reactions: peatmoss

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Brain teaser for Canucks fans, would you rather watch Little things? Or big Zack Mckewen?

Especially guys that aren’t getting brought back as RFA’s... Pouliot, Granlund and Goldobin are gone so why keep playing them?
I was sick of Poo and Little Things after pre-season. If there isn't wholesale change including coaching Goldobin will be gone but he has as much potential as Virtanen IMHO

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I was sick of Poo and Little Things after pre-season. If there isn't wholesale change including coaching Goldobin will be gone but he has as much potential as Virtanen IMHO
I know there’s been a ton a talk about getting Bo some wingers... couldn’t agreee more. Problem is, guys like Lind and Gadovich are still a few years away... big Zack is ready but not as a top 6... so that leaves ufa’s and trades...

I imagine Sutter is gone as Gaudette has proven he’s an everyday nhl 3rd liner and you’re not trading Beagle...

I still don’t think there’s a trade chip there that gets you a top 6 winger....

However, I was looking at the ufa’s to be, granted the Canucks are not a hot bed but imagine if they could get a Pararen or a Duchane?

Skinner, Nyquist both would be nice pieces... my point is, Canucks are two top 6 wingers and a top 4 right d man away from being close to playoffs....

If they can sign 1-2 major pieces they will be in a decent spot...

Hughes and Woo are your top 2 for the next 10 years. Juolevi is there... Brize and Sautner have proven they can play... Hutton and Stetcher are a pair that fits into your top 4....

Canucks have their Centers set for the next 10 years... just need a few wingers and a top righty d man...

Reactions: Jimnastic

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

1. Teves is in TNT.

2. Would you rather watch Zack Macewan play 10 min a night here and have no part in powerplay or Pk or would you rather not stunt his growth and keep playing in Utica in all situation and have ample amount of playing time in a playoff race ?

Last edited by a moderator:

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
MacEwan is staying in Utica as they are in a playoff race. If the Utica gets eliminated we may see him play the last couple games of the season

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
MacEwan is staying in Utica as they are in a playoff race. If the Utica gets eliminated we may see him play the last couple games of the season
Elmer has been picking thru the bones in Utica for a while now. He could care less about their post season aspirations. Heck, much of the time, they can't even be bothered to paper Canuck guys to send them down to the Comets

Reactions: TruKnyte
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad