Post-Game Talk: GAME 77 - BRUINS 4 Whalercanes 1

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Really grasping at straws there with Peeke. That’s the first goal he’s conceded short handed in 18 and a half minutes of SH time. Those are elite PK numbers so far.
Typically you want to clear the crease not put people in it. Not a big deal but did likely cost swayman a shut out.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
There's plenty to talk about the Bruins other than "the 70's Bruins were overrated" - but they just don't know what to do with things going well so they scrape the bottom of their barrel.

I would have loved to hear a discussion of why/how this team is performing so far above expectations, but instead all they have is a cynical rip job on the roster from 50 years ago, a Canadian "sowry" and so I turn it off.
I didn't hear him saying that at all. He was saying that they were a power house and a juggernaut and that they should have won 3-4-5 Cups. He said that they under-achieved.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I didn't hear him saying that at all. He was saying that they were a power house and a juggernaut and that they should have won 3-4-5 Cups. He said that they under-achieved.
Maybe there is subtlety there that some folks appreciate - its still funny to me that all they could come up with was a hot take about the club 50 years ago while the team is currently blowing past eveyrone's expectations and leading the entire league heading down the stretch here.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Maybe there is subtlety there that some folks appreciate - its still funny to me that all they could come up with was a hot take about the club 50 years ago while the team is currently blowing past eveyrone's expectations and leading the entire league heading down the stretch here.
Maybe. Since I only had the show on for 20 minutes I didn't hear much.
I heard Ty Anderson a week or two ago and it was great but I don't remember if it was with F&M.

I have Alexa (to play Satellite radio) in the kitchen on the first floor but don't have it in the other 3 floors so I'm relegated to either tv or radio in the rest of the house (oh whoa is me) lol.
I can put it on my phone but get annoyed when the phone rings and have to leave a show to pick up the call.

When I'm driving I listen to sat radio '70s & 80s music and I don't have the attention span to listen to hockey talk and again talk on the phone or to whomever is in the car with me (grandkids or wife). So music it is.
Any good recommendations on what channels to listen to for hockey talk though would be greatly appreciated since I've only had satellite radio for under a year.
Gotta get an Alexa for our bedroom (and then eventually the other floors) so that I can ditch the bedroom clock/radio.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Was at my grandsons practice(s) last night so I had to listen to the game on
my phone/headphone. He had 2 practices, one for pee wee team and the other for his
bantam team with an hour in between for their pizza party (so 3 hours 6-9 pm). He's 12 so he's been playing for both when the bantams are short handed, hence he had to be at both.
Both teams are playing in their finals on Sunday but he's only allowed to play for one so he's in for the peewees.
Point is I had to listen to 'BZ for the game and when I got home I saw the fight that I heard on the radio. Beers described the fight so differently than the reality. I was a bit surprised by that.
It's VERY ANNOYING that NESN will not allow the game to be watched away from my house until after the game! I can watch any other channel on my Xfinity app live but not NESN during B's games. NESN is shit for NOT allowing subscribers who pay (via Infinity) to watch live during games. I knew that I would be able to watch it on NESN at 12 a.m. or I could watch the recording but WTF? Take care of those who keep you in dough you greedy bastids!

Last edited:
Reactions: rfournier103

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
Maybe. Since I only had the show on for 20 minutes I didn't hear much.
I heard Ty Anderson a week or two ago and it was great but I don't remember if it was with F&M.

I have Alexa (to play Satellite radio) in the kitchen on the first floor but don't have it in the other 3 floors so I'm relegated to either tv or radio in the rest of the house (oh whoa is me) lol.
I can put it on my phone but get annoyed when the phone rings and have to leave a show to pick up the call.

When I'm driving I listen to sat radio '70s & 80s music and I don't have the attention span to listen to hockey talk and again talk on the phone or to whomever is in the car with me (grandkids or wife). So music it is.
Any good recommendations on what channels to listen to for hockey talk though would be greatly appreciated since I've only had satellite radio for under a year.
Gotta get an Alexa for our bedroom (and then eventually the other floors) so that I can ditch the bedroom clock/radio.
I really miss Steve Kouleas from TSN and The Score before that. His excitement and love for the game really shine through. I’ve heard he has a show on Sirius, if you have access to that. SiriusXM NHL Network Radio channel 91

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I really miss Steve Kouleas from TSN and The Score before that. His excitement and love for the game really shine through. I’ve heard he has a show on Sirius, if you have access to that. SiriusXM NHL Network Radio channel 91
Yes I do, thank you.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Was at my grandsons practice(s) last night so I had to listen to the game on
my phone/headphone. He had 2 practices, one for pee wee team and the other for his
bantam team with an hour in between for their pizza party (so 3 hours 6-9 pm). He's 12 so he's been playing for both when the bantams are short handed, hence he had to be at both.
Both teams are playing in their finals on Sunday but he's only allowed to play for one so he's in for the peewees.
Point is I had to listen to 'BZ for the game and when I got home I saw the fight that I heard on the radio. Beers described the fight so differently than the reality. I was a bit surprised by that.
It's VERY ANNOYING that NESN will not allow the game to be watched away from my house until after the game! I can watch any other channel on my Xfinity app live but not NESN during B's games. NESN is shit for NOT allowing subscribers who pay (via Infinity) to watch live during games. I knew that I would be able to watch it on NESN at 12 a.m. or I could watch the recording but WTF? Take care of those who keep you in dough you greedy bastids!
Download Nesn 360. It's free.

I have xfinity and watch the games live from anywhere as long as I click my provider.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
93 09 12 13 14 19 23.
actually 7
That’s right, they *should* have gone 7-0 in the SCF over the last 15 years, and won 4 in a row too from 11-14. I certainly agree that they underachieved but that’s ridiculous. In any event, I always said that matt f***ing cook ended Boston’s real chance for a dynasty: Savard, Krejci, Bergy. Yikes!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad