Post-Game Talk: GAME 77 - BRUINS 4 Whalercanes 1

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Lindholm looks like a completely different player since getting paired with Mac. Glad to see he is regaining his form.
true.
Ive been asking for that pair for months now. glad it finally happened.
Gryz should be nowhere near the top pairing. Hes either a 3rd pairing guy or level 9.

That’s literally his job, to create something to talk about so people will listen/ call his show. Considering his ratings over the last 15 or so years, I’d say he’s pretty good at it.
hes a huge Bruins fan. He is literally like anyone on this board,

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I completely agree with you, but actual hockey talk doesn’t really work in this market. Throughout the history of sports radio in Boston, way before Felger, it has never garnered enough interest to carry a show. Just what it is. Thankfully there are hundreds of podcasts available now. What I don’t understand is everyone here KNOWING that Felger is what he is yet still tuning in and then coming here to bitch about it. Not you specifically of course, but you know he is going to say outlandish stupid things, why do you listen?
I was borrowing my wife's car and radio was the only option, but it didn't last.

Podcasts are the way most days.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I completely agree with you, but actual hockey talk doesn’t really work in this market. Throughout the history of sports radio in Boston, way before Felger, it has never garnered enough interest to carry a show. Just what it is. Thankfully there are hundreds of podcasts available now. What I don’t understand is everyone here KNOWING that Felger is what he is yet still tuning in and then coming here to bitch about it. Not you specifically of course, but you know he is going to say outlandish stupid things, why do you listen?
Hockey needs host that can carry a show, there is plenty of interest but why bother when you have football blow hards running the shows.

A goat can talk about football and baseball for hours and even basketball is a topic easily discussed

Put Dom on the radio for 4 hours and see how much interest there is, with hockey related guest

This entire notion that Boston is a sports town is overrated ,Boston is a front runner town and has been now for over the last 20 years.

"sports" radio is satire not knowledge based

Reactions: Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Why are people constantly surprised by the things said on talk radio. It’s their job to have wild takes to make people tune in. In most cases they don’t even believe their own takes.

I guess they are doing exactly what they need to though if people are talking about it.
Bigger question is who are these people driving around listening to sports radio? Do people work anymore?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
when i had season tickets Id always see him on the promenade level. He is a huge B's fan. Hes actually a great guy.

Then he's even more disingenuous about his opinion than I thought, because his shtick is all about hating/bagging on Boston sports teams.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Then he's even more disingenuous about his opinion than I thought, because his shtick is all about hating/bagging on Boston sports teams.
well- with the Bruins. I think he's sick of them choking. 2011 was the only year. Gotta admit. this team has had some epic chokes. They should have at least 6 more Cups since 1990

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
I am in the group that is literally scratching our heads thinking… ‘how is this team so good?”.

I like the lines they rolled out last night. Geekie on the wing with Coyle and Marchand adds size and puck possession. You could tell Morgan was giving it all against his former team.

Heinen on the top line is the dandruff that makes my head itchy… but I like it.

70-74-11 - speed and a bit of nasty. Put Maroon in Lauko’s spot. Rotate JVR in and out with Lauko. Hopefully 55 is good in a few weeks to spot in as well.

This team may be better suited for the playoffs.

Go Bruins!!

As far as sports radio goes - jump online and listen to Sportsnet Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto or TSN radio. Lots of quality hockey talk with great guests.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
well- with the Bruins. I think he's sick of them choking. 2011 was the only year. Gotta admit. this team has had some epic chokes. They should have at least 6 more Cups since 1990

Dude, he once said (and I quote) "I think it's time to start talking about trading Patrice Bergeron". That's not being sick of them choking, that saying stupid shit to get a rise out of the fans for ratings. There are dozens of examples like that. So he either knows nothing about hockey (nor cares to know) or he's full of it. Either way, I'm not listening to him.

• Love

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Lost power yesterday 'til an 1 1/2 before game time. Saw the Capt's 400th and Pasta's roof job but then the roof caved in. Whole town lost power, had to hit the Sports Hub to listen to the remainder. Don't listen to a lot of games, does Beers always seem to cut into the play by play guys call all the time? Maybe I'm used to Bob Wilson owning the broadcast, Chief would pipe in now and then maybe you just couldn't hear him when Bob's booming voice could be heard all the way to Haverhill without even turning the radio on. Anyway justice was served, the team of the Misfit Toys beat a Bunch of Jerks.

Reactions: Gordoff

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Dude, he once said (and I quote) "I think it's time to start talking about trading Patrice Bergeron". That's not being sick of them choking, that saying stupid shit to get a rise out of the fans for ratings. There are dozens of examples like that. So he either knows nothing about hockey (nor cares to know) or he's full of it. Either way, I'm not listening to him.
well, ive seen alot people on here say they want to trade pastrnak

• Haha

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I was just glancing at the player stats and was shocked to see Pasta doesn’t have a single OT goal this season. With the amount of OT the bruins have played I thought that was pretty surprising.

I’ve always been critical of the defensive side of his game but he’s really turned it on lately on both sides of the ice. Leads the team in +/-

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad