GDT: Game 77 • 4/2/2015 • Wild vs. Rangers • 7:00 PM Central, 2:00 AM Suomi • FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Linesman were bad all game, not just at the end. It was really strange to see it happen over and over again.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Okay, my voice is shot and someone needs to slap Pominville in the ****ing face and make him spend the next week doing nothing but practicing one-timers.

It's bad enough to watch him wiff on the PP, but for ****'s sake, if we've ever needed him to NOT **** about, it was right then.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Avoid home ice advantage? Don't think that's a good strategy.
They're sharper on the road and squeak by at home. Coming out flat on home ice is common for them. If they do that **** with home ice advantage and lose one or both games, they go on the road in a big hole. Start the series on the road and if you blow both games or steal one or both, you still have a chance.

Honestly, I don't trust them at home. People can blame officiating tonight all they want, but the Wild are mostly to blame. They came out poorly falling behind early. And with the exception of Vanek's penalty, the others called on the Wild were legit.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Okay, my voice is shot and someone needs to slap Pominville in the ****ing face and make him spend the next week doing nothing but practicing one-timers.

It's bad enough to watch him wiff on the PP, but for ****'s sake, if we've ever needed him to NOT **** about, it was right then.

Maybe watch a replay before going on rants?

It was tipped by a NYR glove. Nothing really Pommer can do with that.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Maybe watch a replay before going on rants?

It was tipped by a NYR glove. Nothing really Pommer can do with that.

Wasn't a replay on GCL -- cut to "This game has ended" before it played anything. Also, no.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
well what do you want? every game there's the possibility of questionable calls. We came out slow and out of sync like pretty much everyone including Yeo suspected we might, and it's against one of the best teams in the league.
Got our game going again after the run of penalties but again, it's a good team with a great goal differential and they weren't playing poorly. This isn't like losing to Edmonton.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Their minds should be right for the game on Saturday though, so lick our wounds and move on to the next one.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Their minds should be right for the game on Saturday though, so lick our wounds and move on to the next one.
Damn straight. I don't want to stretch the time out to get that magic number to zero or to back into a possible playoff berth. I want this team to get it done asap.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
I was watching on GCL and clearly saw the Rangers glove that flubbed the puck before it got to Pommer. Not his fault.

My "no" was to him telling me not to rant, not to the defense of Pominville. :D

Also, out of curiosity, do you still get commercials on GCL?

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Tough game. Come back stronger Saturday. It's good to be reminded what happens when you play a great team and don't play our best. Hopefully this is taken the right way by the team and they recapture that urgency.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hard to be upset when we knew the 4 day layoff was going to creep rust into their game early... and then we saw that play out exactly as a lot of us knew it would.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Can't win them all. Rather lose against Rangers than Jets, Blackhawks, Preds or Blues.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Woke up early and just finished the game. Trying to look positives here. Rangers and Wild are few of the strongest teams after the ASB, I assume. And it was a strong away game from Rags. They knew how to play against the Wild. Nothing flashy, well disciplined, strong goaltending and scored the important goals.

A four day break, as good as it was, Wild weren't as ready as Rangers. It's natural. But those huge penalty kills, 5-4, 5-3, even 5-2 (without a stick) changed the momentum. Wild are a strong team, they may bend but they don't break. That's good news.

To score more than two against Lundqvist is a tough job. They didn't succeed tonight. But you can't win 'em all. If you lose some, this was the one.

Dumba, geez. That kid is pure gold. On the ice, off the ice. I had doubts, but not anymore. He may not be perfect defensively, but that's why we've got Suter and Brodin. What a beautiful set of defensemen we have. Vanek was good. That's why he's in the team.

I don't have any complaints. They lost, that's it. I don't want to over analyze it. Just want to watch this team and go with the flow. May the force be with them.

Last edited:

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Tough one tonight. Man, usually linesman are pretty on point with their icings and offside calls. It wasn't the reason we lost but my goodness they were bad.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Can't win them all. Other than the 1st period, we put up a solid effort against one of the top teams. Move on to Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad