GDT: Game 76 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers | 12:30PM | Sometimes You Don't Want the 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I feel nothing positive about this game and hope I'm wrong.

Yeah it's tough to say. If it's the team of the 3rd period against the Devils - i'm confident. If it's the 2nd period... I am not. So there's that. I have no idea which team will show.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah it's tough to say. If it's the team of the 3rd period against the Devils - i'm confident. If it's the 2nd period... I am not. So there's that. I have no idea which team will show.
one good thing is that Sid rarely has off nights vs the Flyers.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Thanks for another excellent GDT, vabm8!
On another note, not sure how I feel about Murray starting against the Flyers this close to the start of the playoffs.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
one good thing is that Sid rarely has off nights vs the Flyers.

Couple things I know about Philly..

1) Lyon has been playing well as of late.

2) Even if their powerplay is average, it always has seemed good against the Pens.

3) They pass really well in transition. Pens forwards will have to rotate.

4) Gudas is a dick. Hagg isn't too far behind.

Side note - Oh and final day of our Fantasy playoff matchup comes down to goalies. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm probably reading too much into it, but I feel like the Penguins view ZAR as an everyday player now. Just a feeling I get.

Well, we are ZAR away from having the starting forwards right.

In an ideal world, Kuhn would be in the pressbox, but Sully derives too much pleasure from trolling @ColePens, so it will be Simon unless Sheary has an overly ugly stretch.

Reactions: ColePens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The advantage of missing the first period: I get to listen to Milbury less...lol
Why does NBC think he’s any good?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The advantage of missing the first period: I get to listen to Milbury less...lol

He and Roenick are AWFUL. Always looking at the negatives of a game instead of the positives. I cannot stand those idiots. You hear Rupp and Weekes - they are instantly positive. No matter what. They are hyping the game up. Every time we come back to Roenick, it is like a somber mood.

Fire those idiots.

Reactions: Andy99

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Probably owe him money and are too cheap to hire someone else while he's still on the payroll.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He and Roenick are AWFUL. Always looking at the negatives of a game instead of the positives. I cannot stand those idiots. You hear Rupp and Weekes - they are instantly positive. No matter what. They are hyping the game up. Every time we come back to Roenick, it is like a somber mood.

Fire those idiots.

Roenick is awful.

He also just astutely noted that the big scare point on the Pens is the defense and that the way to attack them is with speed. He cited Oleksiak because he's big, but THEN he cited Maatta and . . . Letang. Nailing how those two are susceptible to speed this year makes Roenick relatively unique when it comes to public analysis of the Pens defense, no?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Couple things I know about Philly..

1) Lyon has been playing well as of late.

2) Even if their powerplay is average, it always has seemed good against the Pens.

3) They pass really well in transition. Pens forwards will have to rotate.

4) Gudas is a dick. Hagg isn't too far behind.

Side note - Oh and final day of our Fantasy playoff matchup comes down to goalies. :laugh:
goalies AND I need to catch you in two other stats. You win the tiebreaker because of seeding.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That's cool KIRK that you can watch this and not want to rip your own head off. :laugh: I have tv on mute and music on.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Well, we are ZAR away from having the starting forwards right.

In an ideal world, Kuhn would be in the pressbox, but Sully derives too much pleasure from trolling @ColePens, so it will be Simon unless Sheary has an overly ugly stretch.

I'm honestly expecting Kuhnhackl to be a healthy scratch for the playoffs. I think the 4th line will probably be Sheary-Sheahan-Rowney, with possibly Simon stepping in for Sheary on the 4th line. The top-9 will probably be changing consistently, I don't see the lineup staying the same like it did in 2016.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That's cool KIRK that you can watch this and not want to rip your own head off. :laugh: I have tv on mute and music on.

If I survived a period of Pierre and Susan, I can survive anything . . .

And, as I said, Roenick is an idiot, but even a broken clock is right twice a day, because he's the rare commentator to note how Letang has been susceptible to speed all year.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm honestly expecting Kuhnhackl to be a healthy scratch for the playoffs. I think the 4th line will probably be Sheary-Sheahan-Rowney, with possibly Simon stepping in for Sheary on the 4th line.
Rowney or Jooris as 4RW is my guess too. Right now we aren't actually able to play Jooris over healthy guys because of how emergency call-ups work, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad