GDT: Game 76 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers | 12:30PM | Sometimes You Don't Want the 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
R23nRzI.jpg

5iPfjOk.jpg

0YbSg1u.jpg

0oTFzhQ.jpg

CAHSfSu.jpg

Who wants to 3peat anyway?

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Something tells me no sleepwalking this game for the good guys. 4-1 pens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Important two points, especially with CBJ loss last night...get some separation.
Let’s not F it up, boys....yes, I’m talking to you Letang!

I’m going to miss the first half of this one for a date with my dog....let’s hope that’s good luck...

G: dude, pick it up. Four goals and two assists should work....Sully needs to play you 23 min a game like McDavid....

Reactions: Ogrezilla

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Was watching the Caps/Montreal game for like a second yesterday. Saw Backstrom/Oshie take a PK shift together.
We'll see Giroux PK today.
I could go on.

We counter with TOM KUHNHACKL.

No wonder our PK is an abomination.

Can't wait til Simon is the odd man out when ZAR returns and not Kuhn.

(Sheahan, Rust, Hags are an automatic three.. Brassard should be a regular and number 5/6 could be ZAR/Guentzel. Oh, I'm not even including 87 and 71, who could be studs on the PK, especially the later)

OH and it would allow us to run 4 lines. Forgot that little tidbit.

Reactions: Andy99

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm probably reading too much into it, but I feel like the Penguins view ZAR as an everyday player now. Just a feeling I get.

Sully speaks glowingly about ZAR and his ability to help the team win, so it seems the org looks at him that way. With his play and production during his call-up, it's easy to see why.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I'm probably reading too much into it, but I feel like the Penguins view ZAR as an everyday player now. Just a feeling I get.

Sully has made some comments recently that would suggest you are right.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sully speaks glowingly about ZAR and his ability to help the team win, so it seems the org looks at him that way. With his play and production during his call-up, it's easy to see why.

Yeah, the coaching staff seems to love ZAR too and says he does all of the little things right. I think his production was surprisingly good, he had a good chance of sticking because of his all around game but his production enforced that even more. It's still a little surprising, if he's a full time player for the rest of this year and all of next year, I think he's the first Penguins player recently to stick in the NHL on his first call-up.

I'm really happy with it, ZAR brings some much needed physicality on the wings and he just seems to be in the right spot a lot of the time. He reminds me a lot of Hornqvist, not only because of his strong net front play, but also because Hornqvist doesn't really seem to have any 1 skill that is noticeably good. ZAR is the same way. I might be wording that wrong, but I think you can understand what I'm saying.

Reactions: Chuck Norris Trophy

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m reserving an opinion on ZAR until he plays more games and plays well in the POs...until then, I’m tempering any excitement...

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah, the coaching staff seems to love ZAR too and says he does all of the little things right. I think his production was surprisingly good, he had a good chance of sticking because of his all around game but his production enforced that even more. It's still a little surprising, if he's a full time player for the rest of this year and all of next year, I think he's the first Penguins player recently to stick in the NHL on his first call-up.

I'm really happy with it, ZAR brings some much needed physicality on the wings and he just seems to be in the right spot a lot of the time. He reminds me a lot of Hornqvist, not only because of his strong net front play, but also because Hornqvist doesn't really seem to have any 1 skill that is noticeably good. ZAR is the same way. I might be wording that wrong, but I think you can understand what I'm saying.

For sure. He's strong on the puck, battles in the hard areas, supports the play well, and plays responsible d.

Makes for an interesting comparison with Sprong, a more dynamic but less well-rounded finesse player. ZAR's style would definitely endear him more to Sully (or any coach, really).

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
If Murray is lights out, Pens win, if not that makes thing problematic. But the Flyers have below the line goal tending and that is even more problematic.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Not sure how I feel about them starting Murray. It seems like that team tries to run Murray every time he plays against them.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
If Murray is lights out, Pens win, if not that makes thing problematic. But the Flyers have below the line goal tending and that is even more problematic.

Which means it will be tough to score.

We need to face more vezina goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad