GDT: Game 76 | OTT @ CBJ | 6 PM EST

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If anyone was gonna get it, I'm glad it's Marchenko, special moment for the kid. Not just any game goal but a gwg for the record. Good confidence boost for him.
He has all the makings of truly a franchise type player .. he’s big , fast , great hands , great hockey sense .. not sure what his weakness would be honestly .. one would look at his stats and say maybe passing , but most times he’s setting up good shots

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
We won. I don’t give a damn how it happened or who scored. Another nail in this franchise’s coffin.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He has all the makings of truly a franchise type player .. he’s big , fast , great hands , great hockey sense .. not sure what his weakness would be honestly .. one would look at his stats and say maybe passing , but most times he’s setting up good shots
I just hope he can keep it up going into next season. I think with an improved defense and more offensive depth (Voronkov+1st pick + Texier + Danforth) this team scores more and his assists will come in time. If we can get solid goaltending and reshape that D a bit, this team could look pretty good next season.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
As Portzline has documented there us no correlation between bs late season runs and improvement the following year.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
As Portzline has documented there us no correlation between bs late season runs and improvement the following year.
For a kid coming over to a new country, stepping into the league and not only showing you belong, but cementing your name into franchise history is a big f***in deal. I'm not talking about the team carrying it over, I'm talking about a rookie attempting to become an bonafide NHLer. That confidence boost combined with a good off-season could very well do that for Marchenko. Which then has the bonus affect of of possibly infecting Voronkov, Chinakov and Jiricek with that same enthusiasm. "If he can do it, so can I" type mentality. And with a pipeline of euro/Russian players that's a great thing to have going. Danforth was another guy that to start the season was starting to show he could belong, it's unfortunate he couldn't stay healthy, it's gonna be a lot tougher next season.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Generally I agree .. but who carried the team tonight .. Marchenko and Johnson … you add Texier, Voronkov and Chinakov , and Jiricek next yr , plus a top 6 lhd … and you have just a normal injury year … we get a legit #1 center .. this team is going to be really good, really quick

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Marchenko is better and better. I don't know whether he can be a franchise player (hope, yes), but he will certainly be an excellent player. :thumbu:

But my first star today was Jon Gillis. He played really well.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
And you will continue to have zero 1st line centres and get your ass kicked down the middle. It’s all on management at this point - it should have never come to this

They put a shit roster on the ice. Mostly AHLers with Jon Gillies in net. For the tank it's all you can ask.

There seems to be some thought here that you could ice a roster that would be guaranteed to lose a given game. And that's not true. Hockey is too random. A pure AHL team could beat an NHL team.

You're basically in a random contest with a bunch of other tanking teams, we should be grateful to be even this close to the bottom.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Seeing fans get angry and upset over their teams wins is something else to witness.
It's double funny when you also look at the opposing team's fans' reactions - everybody hates their respective teams right now. (Ottawa fans are tearing into theirs right as we speak.)

But regardless, for good measure, I hate this team.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Seeing fans get angry and upset over their teams wins is something else to witness.

when your team is right in the hunt to have good odds to land Bedard, you should actively be rooting against the team but looking for progress from the rookies/young guys. I know, atleast, I am.

this loss stings. bad. especially if Anaheim blows their game tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad