GDT: [Game #76] Dallas Stars @ Vancouver Canucks - 9:30 PM CT (BSSWX)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #76 – 4/18/2022 – 9:30 PM CT – BSSWX
Rogers Arena

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Vancouver Canucks
43-27-5, 91 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 37-28-10, 84 pts

STATS

TDFIT7m.jpg
BDRfmtQ.jpg

vsV97aH.png

:stars

HF stars GDT roster.png

GVlFiFk.png

350dNtm.png

:nucks

Podkolzin - Miller - Chiasson
Garland - Pettersson - Boeser
Highmore - Lammikko - Lockwood
Dries - Richardson - Dickinson

Ekman-Larsson - Myers
Hughes - Schenn
Dermott - Hunt

Demko

iug5VMR.png

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
After two periods
Score Dallas 3-1
SOG Dallas 23-16

After three periods
Score Dallas 3-2
SOG Vancouver 30-28
One near heart attack for The Tourist again

Bring on the 3rd period turtle and the win.

Reactions: Johno

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Vancouver has outscored us 9-5 this season in 2 games. We just don't seem to match up well against them

Gonna say the Canucks win this 5-2. 2 empty net goals. Game-winning goal will come with 4 minutes to go

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
We'll find out later today that they flew into Vancouver early so they could restart the dinners at Gaglardi's tradition ... and those tomahawk steaks from last night fuel them to victory today.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
(Kiviranta/Peterson) I guess they both haven't been great in their last 5 and you want to plug them in and hope for good things to happen?

but hey:
AAFKWLF.jpg

I want Kiviranta to be good, but how long do we invest in that as a possibility?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The other big lineup change is moving Studenic up to the second line with Benn and Seguin and putting Gurianov on the 4th line with Radulov and Jareyouevergoingtof***ingscoreagainK.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Calling up Karlstrom and scratching him is a very funny move.

You'd think they'd want to play him against the weakest opponent on this road trip. I don't think Nill and Bowness are ever on the same page about call-ups though, and more than likely, barring a couple of injuries, Karlstrom won't see a game.

At least he isn't one of our young prospects but still, why not try something different on that 4th line, what you have hasn't worked all season (unless Peterson is on it!)

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Calling up Karlstrom and scratching him is a very funny move.

It's definitely odd with healthy bodies.

I don't understand carrying 8D and 2 extra forwards right now.

He's not done it this year oddly, but Nill is constantly talking about how important games are for development and specifically playoff games in the AHL. Texas is back in freefall again having fallen to tied for last place.

Just seems like it would make more sense to have the guys that are eligible playing in the AHL right now fighting to get back into 5th rather than healthy scratches.

Dallas has almost never carried waiver-exempt guys as healthy scratches for an extended time with Nill at GM. I can't honestly think of an example.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Joel Effing Kiviranta was never going to live up to the hype, but he's turned into effing Joel Kiviranta every time I see he's playing now.

I'm hoping they do him a solid and try and find somewhere else for him to play next year.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's definitely odd with healthy bodies.

I don't understand carrying 8D and 2 extra forwards right now.

He's not done it this year oddly, but Nill is constantly talking about how important games are for development and specifically playoff games in the AHL. Texas is back in freefall again having fallen to tied for last place.

Just seems like it would make more sense to have the guys that are eligible playing in the AHL right now fighting to get back into 5th rather than healthy scratches.

Dallas has almost never carried waiver-exempt guys as healthy scratches for an extended time with Nill at GM. I can't honestly think of an example.
And why keep Harley up if all he's doing is sitting in the press box?

Reactions: Elysian

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
And why keep Harley up if all he's doing is sitting in the press box?

So you know what's a little funny .... DeFranks apparently interviewed Nill about Bourque, Johnston, and Stankoven. The plan is for them to join Texas when their season is over which is a little laughable. The way things are going, All 3 will still be in the first round when Texas is potentially eliminated.

So he's thinking about Texas, but I wish I was as confident as him they're getting back into 5th. Their schedule is rough, but they do thankfully have 2 games against the 5th place time. That's the only potential saving grace.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hintz always goes to the bench after awkward looking falls. Always makes me nervous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad