GDT: Game 76: Columbus at Washington | 3/28 7PM EDT

Fireball23

Mar 5, 2014
does it really matter?
Now I know the difference between the top teams and ours.. They send their goalies to acting school. Tampa's Bishop and Caps Holtby. Those two are in the running for the top diving awards this year.

They need to get this stuff out of the game .. That was COMPLETE B.S.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Missed the first and most of the second so can't say but near the end of the 2nd period, he made a sweet pass to Dubinsky.

That was a nice pass.

Didn't see any shots worth mentioning, but not sure of his TOI.

Not that I'm bagging on him, I know he's new to this level. Just curious what anyone else may have noticed. His 2 goal game came against a lousy defense.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Now I know the difference between the top teams and ours.. They send their goalies to acting school. Tampa's Bishop and Caps Holtby. Those two are in the running for the top diving awards this year.

They need to get this stuff out of the game .. That was COMPLETE B.S.

I don't agree. There was a forearm to the head there.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
9-2 the last two games. Ugh!
So basically Bob and Korpisalo needs to get a shutout in order for them to win(unless it goes to a shootout).

Also, never knew this until the Caps announcer mentioned it but Wennberg this season has 0 pim. They joked about how he should get the Seilke but they probably meant Lady Byng..

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Winnipeg in OT - Lets go Jets. Make this loss one of them 4 pt games.

Crap they lost in ot

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Bad game. Washington is very good at beating the forecheck, but in this game I don't know if they even needed to be. You could see on our forecheck the guys were just too slow to get there.

Ever since Torts started scrambling the lines like crazy, the whole team has just been listless. I think the tank is on.

I thought Kukan was able. He moves the puck well (a part of a defender's job!).

KlichkoBro*

Would like to see a gif of that Holtby's flop. He has to be ashamed of himself. Disgraceful behavior for a man.

The Caps should have got 2 penalties there: 2 minutes for diving and 2 for crosschecking. And Dubi should have got nothing: he was just skating backwards 10 feet away from the crease, got tripped and crosschecked. Stop that nonsense about the 1:4 loss and not being able to compete. They just don't care.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Maybe not against the boards, but I'm pretty sure I remember him knocking a guy off the puck once or twice.

Don't ask me for specifics though

He looks like a little kid wrestling with his older brother out there. Just hanging on for dear life.

Fireball23

Mar 5, 2014
does it really matter?
I don't agree. There was a forearm to the head there.

his head goes slightly forward first then after contact he sells like he was shot in the forehead. All the while his left leg kicks out for no reason other than to make simultaneous contact with Dub Maybe in the playoffs he'll get Pete Peters'd ... Watch it from the front ... OSCAR

major major

Feb 18, 2013
his head goes slightly forward first then after contact he sells like he was shot in the forehead. All the while his left leg kicks out for no reason other than to make simultaneous contact with Dub Maybe in the playoffs he'll get Pete Peters'd ... Watch it from the front ... OSCAR

Eh maybe you're right. Would have to see it again.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Saad....no goals in last 10 games
Hartnell...no goals in last 11 games
Foligno...no goals in last 13 games
Dubinsky...no goals in last 14 games

Dubinsky as a #1C is laughable-he is suffering the brunt of #19s departure. The lack of a top tier playmaker (sorry vertigo, assists do matter) is also killing this team.

If Wennberg doesn't take a huge step forward, then this team has zero chance of making the playoffs next season. The forward corps is simply not playoff material.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
would like to see a gif of that holtby's flop. He has to be ashamed of himself. Disgraceful behavior for a man.

The caps should have got 2 penalties there: 2 minutes for diving and 2 for crosschecking. And dubi should have got nothing: He was just skating backwards 10 feet away from the crease, got tripped and crosschecked. Stop that nonsense about the 1:4 loss and not being able to compete. They just don't care.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
If they're going to give embellishment penalties against position players, then they should as well against goalies.

Holtby's fake reaction to contact was ridiculous.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Dubinsky as a #1C is laughable-he is suffering the brunt of #19s departure. The lack of a top tier playmaker (sorry vertigo, assists do matter) is also killing this team.

If Wennberg doesn't take a huge step forward, then this team has zero chance of making the playoffs next season. The forward corps is simply not playoff material.

The only player who is really going all out right now is Boone. You might have noticed. It's almost like they're eliminated from the playoffs and in the middle of tanking.

As for Dubinsky as #1C, he did get 21 pts in 27 games in that job, as I'm sure you're tired of reading. Using his production after he was demoted isn't really fair to him. He should be judged as a #1C by his play as a #1C.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

I'm pretty concerned about the drop-off from those guys

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
The only player who is really going all out right now is Boone. You might have noticed. It's almost like they're eliminated from the playoffs and in the middle of tanking.

As for Dubinsky as #1C, he did get 21 pts in 27 games in that job, as I'm sure you're tired of reading. Using his production after he was demoted isn't really fair to him. He should be judged as a #1C by his play as a #1C.

And Cam i'd say.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

In Dubi's defense he is always playing against the top line of the other
team. I don't think heis being used as a #1C. And secondly even an elite playmaker will have trouble without an elite finisher or two.

That being said I'm pretty sure Dubi wouldn't be considered a #1 C anywhere but Columbus. It is a glaring weakness and why "tanking" is good right now. Having the best chance to draft Matthews is much more important than a few wins for whatever reasons the defenders of honor, trying your best, teaching, instilling a winning culture and other ideals can conjure up. Wins now like the 15-1-1 finish last year mean abso-effin-lutely nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad