GDT: Game 76: Columbus at Carolina | 3/30 7PM

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
From what I saw Korpi was very good. Cheap goal off a skate for Carolina late in regulation.

The big problem is that the Jackets were stifled the entire time I watched. They generated no offense whatsoever the last period, and I think that carried over to the OT where guys were very tentative who usually aren't tentative.

Another loss in Carolina...whee.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Just not a good effort in OT.

Kinda just reminded me of our current power play... no current idea of what to do, just try to 1v1 and get shots from the outside. :cry:

On to the next.. tomorrow is just as huge. Lets get more points.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Korpi played a great game. The one goal in regulation , a lucky bounce . If your backup gives up one goal in regulation , I think everyone here would take that every night. Time for the folignos, hartnell, saad to start scoring some goals . Did Wennberg have a shot on goal tonight ?

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
Korpi played a great game. The one goal in regulation , a lucky bounce . If your backup gives up one goal in regulation , I think everyone here would take that every night. Time for the folignos, hartnell, saad to start scoring some goals . Did Wennberg have a shot on goal tonight ?

I'm most concerned about Wennberg. You can tell he's not nearly as confident with the puck. Dumping and chipping pucks when earlier in the season he could delay and find tape. Hartnell has been fine. If we get bounced early in the playoffs it won't be because of Hartnell's production

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
take from PNC arena

Jones is good, really good. Korpi was good...had some luck, Faulk missed open net early on a shot any wee pee player scores on

I didn't know until tonight Johnson was drafted by the Canes and declined to play for them, got a nice ovation when they announced his goal

Our offense sucks right now, s u c k s

we'll get killed in the playoffs if something doesn't change fast, Bob ain't pitching shutout after shutout

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
I just don't think the effort is matching the opponents and frankly I don't care if it is as long as it's there in the playoffs. It just seemed like everyone who had the puck was fighting through 2 guys. I don't know what is going on with Wennberg, Foligno, Cam, Saad. Foligno, man, seems like he's had about 3 points in his last 25 games.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Jones wasn't that good, he was lazy and failed to clear the crease and it resulted in him deflecting in the tying goal. That play alone erases all good he had earlier in the night.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Jones wasn't that good, he was lazy and failed to clear the crease and it resulted in him deflecting in the tying goal. That play alone erases all good he had earlier in the night.

He had a fine stick check on what otherwise looked like a pretty certain goal (Korpi looked beaten) with about 5 minutes left.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
CBJ can finish March with 24 points if they beat Hawks. It would be impressive to pull in 24 points playing ****** hockey when they got 28 points in December going undefeated.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The defense and goaltending is fine. Giving up 2 goals is pretty good and gives you a great chance to win. Scoring 1 usually gives you no chance to win.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Tom Reed‏ @treed1919 12m12 minutes ago

Breaking: #CBJ had to abort their trip to Chicago a half hour into flight and return to Raleigh due to a faulty generator. All safe.
2 replies 7 retweets 8 likes

#CBJ president of hockey operations John Davidson said there was no panic on plane. Team will fly to Raleigh in the morning.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
I am not panicking about the offense. What I think we're seeing is post-clinch letdown and once the games matter again then we'll see a healthy, rested, and amped up team that takes it to opponents in waves. The team we saw in November and December. They've scored 8 total goals in the 5 games since clinching. I'm attributing the power outage to that.

Now, are they capable of turning it back on? Who knows. I like to think they can.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina

Breaking: #CBJ had to abort their trip to Chicago a half hour into flight and return to Raleigh due to a faulty generator. All safe.
2 replies 7 retweets 8 likes

#CBJ president of hockey operations John Davidson said there was no panic on plane. Team will fly to Raleigh in the morning.

With as much travel as these teams do I am surprised there have not been more Marshall/Lynyrd Skynyrd situations. Before anyone says it I did not just cause this to happen in the near future by bringing it up. I have very little power in my own life much less a group of people I have nothing to do with other than watching them for entertainment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad