GDT: Game 76, COL@VGK | 3/26 | 10pm ET | Avs season as understood by Foxy Shazam

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
MacKinnon goes what...14 games in a row with a point? Now he goes 2 without and we have posters going "well a real mvp would do this..."

It's pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. You'd think after last year you'd know how to handle a loss once in awhile.

What's pathetic is their third period, and our top line being a no show in two of the most important games of the year.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Avs make the playoffs, they'll lose in the 1st round no matter who they face. This team is just not quite there yet to win big games, and in the playoffs they're all big.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If at the beginning of October you would've told me this team would finish near the top 12 teams in the league AND miss out on the playoffs I would've thought you were crazy. Now clearly I don't want this team to miss the playoffs, but if they do I'll be proud of them because they would've exceeded everyone(except @Sea Eagles ;)) expectations. There hasn't really been any point in the season where they fully rolled over and accepted defeat; they've played entertaining and good hockey for most of the year and they did this all in the toughest division in the NHL. If they were in any division other than the Central I'd bet they'd be in a playoff spot. I get the negativity, but lets try and focus on some of the positives, especially since the race isn't even over yet.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We just have to hope and pray like all hell that San Jose musters out a win in St. Louis tomorrow. I don't expect it in the least, but if they do it'd be amazingggggg

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If Avs make the playoffs, they'll lose in the 1st round no matter who they face. This team is just not quite there yet to win big games, and in the playoffs they're all big.
We're missing a whole 2nd line. That's quite a big hole.

Reactions: cgf

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think we can crap on the Avs for the third period performance without the hyperbole and revisionist history. MacKinnon and Landeskog, along with many others, may have been terrible in the third but they were far from that in recent games. Too much perimeter play from MacKinnon tonight but last game he was working his ass off and involved in battles all over the ice. So much so that people kept talking about how he's being mugged on every other shift.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
What's pathetic is their third period, and our top line being a no show in two of the most important games of the year.

And what about the other 74 games of the damn year? Again, MacKinnon was just on a 14 game point streak where he put up 27 points! How is that not showing up for an important part of the year? Vegas did a damn good job of limiting his chances.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Bednar has to get his ice times back in check next game and moving forward. The top line should play 20 minutes, the Soderberg line should play 18 minutes, the rookie line should play 12-13 minutes and the 4th line should play 9-10 minutes.

An extra 4 minutes for MacKinnon is another 4-6 shifts. Ditto Landeskog and Rantanen. They're done by the time the 3rd period rolls around.

Bednar has to start trusting his 4th line a bit more. 5-6 minutes per night is not good. You turn into a three line team and even though this is a one line team, you have to give your other three lines an opportunity to impact the game.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bednar has to get his ice times back in check next game and moving forward. The top line should play 20 minutes, the Soderberg line should play 18 minutes, the rookie line should play 12-13 minutes and the 4th line should play 9-10 minutes.

An extra 4 minutes for MacKinnon is another 4-6 shifts. Ditto Landeskog and Rantanen. They're done by the time the 3rd period rolls around.

Bednar has to start trusting his 4th line a bit more. 5-6 minutes per night is not good. You turn into a three line team and even though this is a one line team, you have to give your other three lines an opportunity to impact the game.

Get a 12th forward in there as well.

Reactions: dahrougem2

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You give me millions reasons why I am not regular poster here. Are much ****ing negativity. I am asking myself if all of you are really serious about what they are posting. Who expected a win in Vegas? Who expected Kings loss against Calgary? I expected better performance, not sub pathetic and embarrassing. But overall these results have not surprised me. This was supposed to be the hardest game of last games in the season for Avs. Let a be focused on weaker teams than Vegas. **** you those who are done with the seasyour n after this game. You couldn’t be a pro never ever with such attitude. Hopefully Avs are different than you and will do restart in the next game. You are done, they have not yet.

HFAvs handles losing worse than a spoiled toddler :dunno:

viach

Aug 5, 2007
Home game for Blues tomorrow and Philadelphia play against Dallas too

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wait, what?

Peking-Duck-960x640.jpg

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
HFAvs handles losing worse than a spoiled toddler :dunno:

It's St. Louis, LA, and Anaheim that are really causing this kind of reaction. The getting outplayed by other teams but still pulling off magic third period comebacks, and capping it off with OT wins and such. Everything going their way. It really is enough to make you look to the sky and say "Really?"

Reactions: CobraAcesS

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Speaking of, we're just 1 point back of the Ducks with a game against them coming up. MacK n co. just need to re-set mentally and torch whoever's in net for the Flyers to remember that they can score goals.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Would've preferred it not happening tonight but congrats to Vegas on officially making the playoffs. Great story and a fun team to watch. I still find it hard to believe sometimes but anything is possible in the playoffs if Fleury stays hot.

Reactions: ASmileyFace and cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad