GDT: Game 76, COL@VGK | 3/26 | 10pm ET | Avs season as understood by Foxy Shazam

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What's going on in the Top line's heads:

What's going on in MacKinnon's head:

What's going on in Bednar's head when he looks over to Assistant Captain Gork:

Good Guys...ish, we'll see what exactly the Blendnar spits out:
Should lose his C - 1 more year like this & he might reach Matthews' level - glad they didn't listen to HFAvs
Long Beach native, Matt Nieto - The Blind Berserker - Baldo
Picking him made Roy quit - #welostthetrade - Captain Average
Bednar's lover on the dl - Unsustainable College kid - Is ghetto dead again?
Vin Diesel

#welostthetrade - Secondary Scoring (the artist formerly known as Trade Bait)
Samwise from the shire - This dude gets twitter
The Lord of Icing - some alternate bum

Have we broken Varly again yet? No? Good.
Have we broken Bernie again yet? No? Good.

And since I'm running out of steam:
F*** this guy - Unsustainable Swede - How many picks did they give the dead things for this dude?
Unsustainable Old guy - Unsustainable Finn - We shoulda traded for him instead of signing Iginla
Unsustainable - Unsustainable - Unsustainable
Unsustainable - Unsustainable - lol Reaves

Unsustainable - Unsustainable

F***in Flower
Other Subban

On that note: Go Avs, and Cartha...I mean Minny should be destroyed!

PS Screw this only 3 pieces of media rule! :scared::scared::scared: "I like it" was written for Mikko..."Oh Lord" is actually a post-game pep-talk that EJ gave to Samwise earlier in the year, and "Killin it" is what goes through Joe's head when the camera cuts to him during games :scared::scared::scared:

Last edited:

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Really interested to see what adjustments Bendar makes to free up MacK a bit more. Seemed like Vegas got in his head a bit, let’s see if he can finally pot a couple and get a bit of air in his longs against the Knights!

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What the f*** did I just watch? I just cut out both of my eyes and removed both ears with a dull and rusty spoon.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
What the **** did I just watch? I just cut out both of my eyes and removed both ears with a dull and rusty spoon.
I only watched 5 seconds of the first one but it's impact will linger on in my psyche for so much longer. I feel like CGF owes us an apology for this sick joke he's played on us. I think if rather listen to a full Hervana concert lol.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
If the Avs capitalize on their chances they will be ok. If they don't, we have a repeat of last game and pray that varly can steal the game. I don't like the second option.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You guys are weird, Queen’s new stuff is awesome once you make it past the odd intros & get into the actual songs

Last edited:

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Not bad, must go deeper

The inside of my brain if we get the first WC spot and a best of 7 with Vegas:

Reactions: cgf

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I only watched 5 seconds of the first one but it's impact will linger on in my psyche for so much longer. I feel like CGF owes us an apology for this sick joke he's played on us. I think if rather listen to a full Hervana concert lol.
LMAOASDOASFOSADJASDSDGSDFSDGGDFH. First time I ever heard of this concoction and I don't know why I did now. What's the deal, why are there four better bands than this in every middle school with a music class?

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
LMAOASDOASFOSADJASDSDGSDFSDGGDFH. First time I ever heard of this concoction and I don't know why I did now. What's the deal, why are there four better bands than this in every middle school with a music class?
Their commercials are on altitude all the time haha. There must be real musicians out there who have lost faith in life when they are barely scraping by and that band gets prime time advertisement lol.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Are Wilson or Ghetto playing tonight? Is bernier dressing? SO many questions!

Avs will win this one. 4-2 with a trash hail mary empter netter from Nemeth. 2 goals from Mack. One from the bottom 6.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Wilson must be the most fragile dude ever played the game of hockey. IIRC it must be the 5th time this season alone that he misses time because of an injury/illness. Makes you wonder if this is the reason he was so ... erm... cheap.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Wilson must be the most fragile dude ever played the game of hockey[...]Makes you wonder if this is the reason he was so ... erm... cheap.
No, it is most definitely because he isn't a fast skater, doesn't have a good shot, can't really pass, doesn't hit, and doesn't kill penalties. And he makes 4 million.

He is fine this season for the Avs, but he has to be the most average player in every skill category in the NHL. Works hard though, and I know @Cousin Eddie thinks he's really handsome.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Its weird Foxy Shazam came up on my Spotify Discover Weekly playlist - first time I'd ever listened to them and I really dug it and listened to the whole self-titled album which is fantastic.

Then I see this thread and it's all Foxy! I'm going to take that as a good omen for tonight. I was even thinking about the song Unstoppable as an anthem for this team down the stretch when I heard it for the first time!

Reactions: cgf

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I am not worried about the home team advantage in terms of line match ups for Mackinnon tonight, he should be able to shred any line or d pairing they put against him. I am more worried about watching Vegas top line match up with Nemeth in the D zone after Varly keeps stopping the play, and Nemeth keeps icing it.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I am not worried about the home team advantage in terms of line match ups for Mackinnon tonight, he should be able to shred any line or d pairing they put against him. I am more worried about watching Vegas top line match up with Nemeth in the D zone after Varly keeps stopping the play, and Nemeth keeps icing it.

Agreed. Vegas has depth but they don't have the top end talent to deal with our top line and Mack. Probably the only team down the our streatch here who really can't benefit from home ice matchups.

This game could be really big for us. If they can find a way to win this one then go take care of business at home with PHI and CHI. Get to 96 points and really put themselfs in a good postition for the Cali trip.

Need a big game from the top line tonight and hopefully Flower doesn't go into god mode again.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Agreed. Vegas has depth but they don't have the top end talent to deal with our top line and Mack. Probably the only team down the our streatch here who really can't benefit from home ice matchups.

This game could be really big for us. If they can find a way to win this one then go take care of business at home with PHI and CHI. Get to 96 points and really put themselfs in a good postition for the Cali trip.

Need a big game from the top line tonight and hopefully Flower doesn't go into god mode again.

I feel like 13 points is the magic number for the playoffs. Avs need to win, or the other 3 teams need to lose a combination of 13 points. Tonight, I hope the Avs can get 2, and I think they can. They played a solid game, and won it. Knights were in it because of some good post luck and a great goaltender. Avs just need to keep plugging away, staying out of the box, and keep up the pressure.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Music wasn't that bad, definitely a rip off from Queen, but I don't get the complaining here....its not like it's from the Disney Radio or anything.

You guys can listen to something worst than cgf music...

What makes Vegas dangerous is that even though they lack top end talent, all those depth pieces are really good shooters. I think for the most part, that is what has kept them in games and eventually win majority of their games. Having at least three decent lines who work their asses off and can snipe the puck is scary. I was totally afraid of every single Knights player in the 3rd period of our last game due to this.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This is winnable. That last game should have been 4-1 but for some bad puck luck and Fleury going godmode. Varley is going to have to continue to be invincible though, I worry that he isn't going to hold up forever playing this many in a row.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Doesn't look like Wilson/Ghetto are on the trip; Berns isn't for sure.

Intresting to see if Bednar gives one the Russians a shot or if he goes with 7 D again - maybe Lindholm for Siemens, but that should be about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad