GDT: Game 76 blues. 3pm

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
Man, Eklund’s got some strong legs. Guys just hang all over him and he keeps pushing. One of the things I like the most about him and directly led to this goal. What a player, man.
yes you earn every bit of success on this team and he's earned it this season

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I feel like unless he said something really derogatory they should have let him complain a bit. I’ve seen worse reactions than that get nothing extra.
There probably wasn’t anything beyond the stick swing and Addison telling the ref to f*** off. If it was Karlsson, no extra call would’ve been made but Addison is also not someone who is going to get away with showing up a ref.

Reactions: Sandisfan

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
Not really following other teams' prospects but if we were to redo 2021 draft, would Eklund go 3rd overall behind Berniers and McTavish?

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Wyatt Johnston probably goes 1oa right now. But I think you could make an argument for top 4.

Reminds me of the NFL draft where reporters asked the pundits who the best QB in the draft was Fields-Lance-Lawrence or Zach Wilson and the pundits said, the one drafted by the 49ers and mentored by Kyle the QB whisperer. Whose the best player in that NHL draft?.....Well, the one mentored by Joe Pavelski.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
You kinda see how the old Sharks regime is slowly fading away and new wave is arriving. For me it officially started tonight, Eklund taking the leader role and him having such a nice personality (especially with taking the hat after the hat trick). This one of the moments we could point out one day as the start of the new way for the Sharks.
Did anyone watch the post game show? Tara and Scott were doing the post down above the stairs and William shows up, wearing his hat.
This kid is gold.

SJFanQC

Dec 14, 2010
Laval
What I love about Eklund, other than everything, is he fits perfectly into the Sharks personality type that was established by Joe, Burns, etc. He’s got a real mischief to him, he has a sense of humor, an actual personality - which is what I really liked about the previous Sharks group.

It’s been such a fun thing to see him become a leader, that whole process got really sped up with the Couture injury and Hertl trade but tonight felt like a real statement game from Eklund.

Agreed, love the culture that seems to be building with Eklund, Cooley and all the others. The energy last night was great. Easy to get excited when you imagine Smith, Musty, Mukh and all the others adding to that youthful energy.

Reactions: Jargon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad