GDT: Game 76 blues. 3pm

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Yep, Eklund is going to be just fine. I don't think he gets that goal two years ago, not just from the shot but from the acceleration too.

How did Steffi Graf's son look?
For his first NHL game as a scrawny 6'1" kid, I was super encouraged. He played a very smart game, active stick on the forecheck, created some chances. With more development on strength and speed I think he'll stick.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
For his first NHL game as a scrawny 6'1" kid, I was super encouraged. He played a very smart game, active stick on the forecheck, created some chances. With more development on strength and speed I think he'll stick.

Had one of the highest gamescores on the team too.

On a side note, I think this might be the first time I've seen Kyle Burroughs in the + column.

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019
Unsung hero & rallying shout out to Addison, Kunin & Kostin for their contributions lest they be forgotten in the heady hattrick highs.

Extra special shoutout to Sturm for his PK work especially faceoff prowess to keep us in it despite... in fact I won't even harp on the not so good, today's all about the praise.

Everyone gets a hat!

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

I hope he'll stick, that's an important part of being a hockey player.

• Haha
Reactions: karltonian

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
You kinda see how the old Sharks regime is slowly fading away and new wave is arriving. For me it officially started tonight, Eklund taking the leader role and him having such a nice personality (especially with taking the hat after the hat trick). This one of the moments we could point out one day as the start of the new way for the Sharks.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
You kinda see how the old Sharks regime is slowly fading away and new wave is arriving. For me it officially started tonight, Eklund taking the leader role and him having such a nice personality (especially with taking the hat after the hat trick). This one of the moments we could point out one day as the start of the new way for the Sharks.

What I love about Eklund, other than everything, is he fits perfectly into the Sharks personality type that was established by Joe, Burns, etc. He’s got a real mischief to him, he has a sense of humor, an actual personality - which is what I really liked about the previous Sharks group.

It’s been such a fun thing to see him become a leader, that whole process got really sped up with the Couture injury and Hertl trade but tonight felt like a real statement game from Eklund.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Aside from one posters “far away view” I like that Hedican is giving props to the young guys improving. I will listen to his take. He did a nice breakdown of Thruns smart, improved plays.
If you're referring to me, my point was that Thrun (and the other kids) is never going to become a top pairing D but he's playing a sound game and still has time to develop into a great supporting player. If that's not positive enough for you, I don't know what to tell you man.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
If you're referring to me, my point was that Thrun (and the other kids) is never going to become a top pairing D but he's playing a sound game and still has time to develop into a great supporting player. If that's not positive enough for you, I don't know what to tell you man.
I’m not so positive to say Thrun will be a top pairing D but is anyone claiming him to be? Not every player has to be top line.

Truly awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad