GDT: Game 75: Arizona Clayton Kellers Vs. St. Louis Non-Kellers - 5 PM - FSAZ

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Gotta love the second worst team in the league playing the most boring system ever.

It is a cost saving measure. Dont want a bunch of talented young players racking up points because they will demand significant raises for their 2nd contract.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Keller's first game with the Kellers looked pretty blah, imo. I suppose it is to be expected, as most of the Kellers' rookies had training camp and preseason to figure out what the other Kellers are going to do. Keller looked like he was always taking a second to figure out what is happening. By the time the Kellers hit game 82, I bet he looks a lot better.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Keller's first game with the Kellers looked pretty blah, imo. I suppose it is to be expected, as most of the Kellers' rookies had training camp and preseason to figure out what the other Kellers are going to do. Keller looked like he was always taking a second to figure out what is happening. By the time the Kellers hit game 82, I bet he looks a lot better.

He was simply out-muscled a lot. Lost quite a few board battles.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Whoever's responsible for the defensive system should not only be fired, but shouldn't be allowed to coach at the NHL level again.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Watching the replay and I don't know who can beat Jake Allen right now. I'm not as upset about this loss because Allen was amazing.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
For starters, I've never said anything about Schenn.

And he's never played a huge part in running my favorite hockey team into the ground.

You need your own corner of the yard to dump your **** about Tippett. He's not a top coach, yet he has a great reputation around the league. He's clearly not one of the worst. He's clearly not what's wrong with this team.

Tippett has never had the personel to play a speed game. This year he has the talent but the talent has no experience, so we see errant stretch passes left and right.

As to the defensive system, with OEL playing like garbage, an underperforming Murphy, and forwards too young to play a more flowing defense, a trap game is called for. Next year will be the first year where the Coyotes can play the beautiful game on offense and defense, not the boring dump and chase, and trap game.

Perhaps Tippett won't be a part of it. Who knows?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I only got to see part of the second period and plan on catching the replay at 1am. But from what I watched so far the Blues just muscled us all over the place like they always do.

Saw that Keller got around 15 min TOI, and he was out on at least one PP in the first (from the radio as I was driving home). That's far more than I expected so it'll be interesting to see how he did from the replay.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Sometimes I think this guy is behind our goal making sure the slot is clear for opposing shooters.

article-1313946-0B4A70CC000005DC-965_634x337.jpg

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This coaching staff should not only be fired, but waterboarded, stripped naked, and walked out of Glendale through Westgate with a 6'5 nun following behind, ringing a big ass bell and chanting "SHAME! SHAME!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad