GDT: Game #75 - 03.29.14 - at St. Louis - 7:00 PM - TXA21 - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Watching the Blues post game interviews...they keep referring to how the bounces just went our way tonight. What bounces? Every goal we scored was a forced turnover or an odd man rush or a great tip. The 2nd goal obviously was the most flukiest but even that one, Sceviour flat out beat Ott to the net.

Bkennedy*

Watching the Blues post game interviews...they keep referring to how the bounces just went our way tonight. What bounces? Every goal we scored was a forced turnover or an odd man rush or a great tip. The 2nd goal obviously was the most flukiest but even that one, Sceviour flat out beat Ott to the net.

They're a better team. We couldn't have beaten them legitimately. Don't you logic bro?

Oh ya until we 4-1 them in playoffs. But that was pure luck.

*edit: that last part was honestly sarcasm*

Last edited by a moderator:

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Dunno that Colton is a 30 goal guy but 20 goals, 40-50 points would be huge for this club going forward. Can he actually make Fiddler and Horcoff into a semi-decent offensive line?

Does anyone else see Robidas in Jordie Benn? Except Jordie is actually big enough to win the occasional puck battle. The dumb icings get old though.

Roussel is the man. Rome injured, lol and nice to see Kari bounce back after a terrible game against Nashville.

Bkennedy*

Dunno that Colton is a 30 goal guy but 20 goals, 40-50 points would be huge for this club going forward. Can he actually make Fiddler and Horcoff into a semi-decent offensive line?

Does anyone else see Robidas in Jordie Benn? Except Jordie is actually big enough to win the occasional puck battle. The dumb icings get old though.

Roussel is the man. Rome injured, lol and nice to see Kari bounce back after a terrible game against Nashville.

Kari did play well.

I can see Benn being a Robidas type player, the icings do get old but we need to remember he's still young to this level of play and has made tremendous strides in just a year.

Roussel is kinda the man, I've come around to that as well.

Sceviour could be a solid depth player in the long-term.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

I think you have to give it to Horcoff a bit here too.

The Horcoff that is suiting up now is no where near the Horcoff that we saw attempting (and I do mean attempting) to play for our squad early in the year. I thought that entire line played extremely well tonight. Glad to see them get rewarded for it too.

MetalGodAOD*

I think Colton is showing he can at least be a 20 goal man at some point in the NHL. Nice to have in the pipeline.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Really glad Eakin is picking it up again. Breaking his slump really helped him.
He's a perfect fit with Roussel and Garbutt. Especially last night when Hitch often had the line of three molasses slow former Stars. The game was a perfect blueprint on how to beat the Blues. Take your fastest line and let them play against those former Stars. When the Blues get eliminated, it will be because a team is able to score on that slow line.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
He's a perfect fit with Roussel and Garbutt. Especially last night when Hitch often had the line of three molasses slow former Stars. The game was a perfect blueprint on how to beat the Blues. Take your fastest line and let them play against those former Stars. When the Blues get eliminated, it will be because a team is able to score on that slow line.

Yeah, things have really changed from earlier in the season. I actually want the Stars to be up against the Blues in the 1st round now :laugh:

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Fun quote from Hitch in the STL paper today...

In Dallas’ last trip to St. Louis prior to Saturday, Jamie Benn lifted the Stars to a 3-2 overtime victory on March 9.

It came just a couple of weeks after Benn played for Team Canada, whose practices might have taught the observant forward a few pointers about the Blues’ defensive system. Hitchcock, of course, was an assistant on Canada’s staff.

“(Benn) got information that’s going to kill us for 10 years,” Hitchcock said. “I’m impressed that he won a gold medal and he was a great player (for Canada), but I’m a little disappointed that he’s going to use it against me as a coach until I retire.”

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010

I'm secondarily a Blues fan and feel that the initial game (was present) could have gone either way. That being said, we have their number at this point and have to be in their heads.. which is _awesome_ if we have to go up against them to start the playoffs.

We're not supposed to win.. but players get their pride all butthurt sometimes :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad