Post-Game Talk: GAME 74 - Tampa Bay 3 BRUINS 1

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
What worries me more than losing this game is knowing that we cannot handle players like Jeannot. Maybe Maroon but if not we are in trouble. Lucic may have sunk the whole ship. I love Freddy, but he should not have to go up against the heaviest of the heavy. It's a recipe for disaster.

I think Marchand has too much on his plate with the C. Yes he's aging, yes he misses Bergeron making him better, but most of all being the C has hampered his style. He needs to be a rat to succeed and he's conflicted these days. It's a tough job. He needs some rest.
I agree for the most part. Jeannot just knows how to throw down in a hockey fight, he's not the biggest dude.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
What worries me more than losing this game is knowing that we cannot handle players like Jeannot. Maybe Maroon but if not we are in trouble. Lucic may have sunk the whole ship. I love Freddy, but he should not have to go up against the heaviest of the heavy. It's a recipe for disaster.

I think Marchand has too much on his plate with the C. Yes he's aging, yes he misses Bergeron making him better, but most of all being the C has hampered his style. He needs to be a rat to succeed and he's conflicted these days. It's a tough job. He needs some rest.
You worry too much!

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I agree for the most part. Jeannot just knows how to throw down in a hockey fight, he's not the biggest dude.
Not the biggest but one of the toughest. He KO's more guys in the last few years than anybody else (not totally knocked out but rendered inoperative. Freddy is just lucky Jeannot isn't a classless guy like Bennet who will keep hitting after to hurt you).

You worry too much!
You don't worry enough ;)

Reactions: Gordoff

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Yeah so Frederic is the slowest fight starter I’ve ever seen, tonight it cost him
appreciate the effoft, he just needs to remember guys like Jeannot fire away right away. I think Peeke being thing crossed Freddy up at bit. He stood up to be counted and that's all someone can ask.

Reactions: Gordoff and KWbruin

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Freddy is just not a good fighter. Its really not a chirp, the guy is most likely gonna pot 20 goals this season, plays pretty defensively responsible, can get under guys skin and can do "ok" against middleweights. But expecting Freddy to fight Jeannot is a recipe for disaster. That would have been a prime time for Peeke to earn his first fighting major right there.

This is why its so key having a guy like Maroon (Lucic f***ed us) now. We dont have to worry about the BS coming from Jeannot in a series because Maroon will be worse and neutralize that nonsense.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I watched very little. Will watch on DVR later.

There’s very little between now and the end of the regular season that can change how I feel about them going into the playoffs.

It’s been a surprisingly strong season, given that many expected the bottom to fall out. At the end of the day, there’s very little separating them from a wild card team like Tampa. In a 7 game series, flip a coin.

It’ll come down to goaltending and timely offense. I don’t see things like the untimely turnovers being cleaned up at this point, they just have to hope the goalies can bail them out and that the guys up front other than Pastrnak produce.

Could go either way.

I have few expectations which sets me up for little to no disappointment.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Freddy is just not a good fighter. Its really not a chirp, the guy is most likely gonna pot 20 goals this season, plays pretty defensively responsible, can get under guys skin and can do "ok" against middleweights. But expecting Freddy to fight Jeannot is a recipe for disaster. That would have been a prime time for Peeke to earn his first fighting major right there.

This is why its so key having a guy like Maroon (Lucic f***ed us) now. We dont have to worry about the BS coming from Jeannot in a series because Maroon will be worse and neutralize that nonsense.
If you think Frederic can't fight, wait until you get a load of Peeke.

Everyone who fights loses at some point. It's about showing up.

I know the frustrated dude mentality wants to get revenge for hard checks and a fight, but those weren't what cost them the game last night.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
If you think Frederic can't fight, wait until you get a load of Peeke.

Everyone who fights loses at some point. It's about showing up.

I know the frustrated dude mentality wants to get revenge for hard checks and a fight, but those weren't what cost them the game last night.
Bruins finally stand up for themselves and each other and that’s a problem because Lindholm looked silly or Frederic lost. Team is stepping up at the right time in that area imo

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I don't think the "C" has affected his play. I think he is playing hurt and needs to rest up.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
If a GM wants a team with sandpaper and grit he has to draft that type of player. Sweeny acquired Maroon recently through trade because he sees a need for some truculence. We will see how that ship sails when he is inserted into the line up. In today's NHL you need skill and grit. There has to be players on the bench that opposing teams are aware of if they take liberties with your skilled players.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Lets get Lorhei in there for Gryz these next couple games.
I want to see if he can at least help out the dreadful powerplay.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Plus he’s going to be 36 in a couple months, idk if people were expecting peak Marchand or something but that was never going to happen at that age with an inferior center. He will end up with ~70 points and I’ll happily take that
Brad does so many little things on and off the ice that make the team better. I have never seen a player (and I have been watching for many years) that works as hard as Brad does. The guy plays with so much heart.

If a GM wants a team with sandpaper and grit he has to draft that type of player. Sweeny acquired Maroon recently through trade because he sees a need for some truculence. We will see how that ship sails when he is inserted into the line up. In today's NHL you need skill and grit. There has to be players on the bench that opposing teams are aware of if they take liberties with your skilled players.
I fear that people are expecting Maroon to bring more to the games than he can or will.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't see him as any kind of savior.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
What a difference between Tampa protecting that lead with a pulled goalie compared to the mess we watch when we are holding on for dear life in that situation.

Teams vs us look like they are on a power play in our end tick tac toe passing until they score.

We can't even get in the zone.

Is it the players or the coaching? I think its 50/50

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad