Post-Game Talk: GAME 74 - Tampa Bay 3 BRUINS 1

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I figured they'd split these 2 Floridian games, kitten regulation victory was higher priority I guess
I mean it makes sense, Florida was a "4 point game" as far as trying to win the division. Takes a game off the schedule and earns a 2 point edge. Giving up 2 points to TB? Who cares. Next game isn't until Saturday, against another desperate team in Washington. Sucks to give TBurculosis 2 points over them tonight but whatever

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Change of topic:

This is so weird I just had to post it.
Building the Hoover Dam costs 100's of lives. The first casualty was John Tierney, who met his death on Dec. 20, 1921.
Here's where it gets weird. The last person who died working on the dam was John's son, Patrick, who died exactly 14 years later on Dec. 20, 1935.
That's some crazy shite.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I mean it makes sense, Florida was a "4 point game" as far as trying to win the division. Takes a game off the schedule and earns a 2 point edge. Giving up 2 points to TB? Who cares. Next game isn't until Saturday, against another desperate team in Washington. Sucks to give TBurculosis 2 points over them tonight but whatever
Exactly

And if anything else it put more pressure on the leafylaughs

Reactions: CDJ

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Scheduled loss. Silver lining is a few players had great games. Ugly is a couple guys were absolutely invisible…Marchand, Coyle, Geekie, Freddy…

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
My only gripe is that Marchand NEEDS to sit out for a few games...he's not helping the team right now

I don't really care where they end up in the standings, as long as they're healthy and somewhat rested before round 1

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
Sadly, the Bruins just don't have the offensive depth needed for the playoffs. And sitting one of their better offensive defenseman (Lohrei) doesn't help.

On a positive not, this year's squad reminds me a lot of the 2010 Bruins, a team that had zero expectations going into the playoffs, and yet, nearly made it to the Conference Finals.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Sadly, the Bruins just don't have the offensive depth needed for the playoffs. And sitting one of their better offensive defenseman (Lohrei) doesn't help.

On a positive not, this year's squad reminds me a lot of the 2010 Bruins, a team that had zero expectations going into the playoffs, and yet, nearly made it to the Conference Finals.
I respectfully disagree. That 2010 team had Chara, Savard, Bergeron, Krejci. Not to name others.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Biggest issue tonight was how easily Tampa sped through the neutral zone.

Fighting after a clean hit can backfire, especially when you don't have that role player on your team. Tampa and the building were alive after that faux display of toughness.

I'm a big JVR fan, but can see him being the odd man out in the playoffs.

Those who could watch the game on NESN were fortunate. Pang and Botterill yapped the entire game, and the majority of the time about things that have nothing to do with the game.
Announcers who yap like that are awful. I turned the sound off and watched the game in silence.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Change of topic:

Building the Hoover Dam costs 100's of lives. The first casualty was John Tierney, who met his death on Dec. 20, 1921.
Here's where it gets weird. The last person who died working on the dam was John's son, Patrick, who died exactly 14 years later on Dec. 20, 1935.
That's some crazy shite.
Perhaps he (son) should've taken a sick day.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I'm comparing them in terms of playoff expectations and lack of depth. The 2010 Bruins were very offensively challenged. Even more so than this year's squad.
I suppose you are partly correct as they scored the 2nd least amount of goals that season.
Change of topic:

That's some crazy shite.
Damn things haunted

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Change of topic:

That's some crazy shite.

The old man died in a flash flood,son fell to his death from an intake tower. Real weird. The article I posted has their pictures in it. Also mentions their wife/mother, who had a hard time for the rest of her days because of it. RIP

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
On the flip side of this…..as someone else posted: TB didn’t play last night and it took and empty net goal to put us away. We get more out of some of our forwards and AGAIN do something on the PP, we win this game.

Clinch a spot Saturday vs the Caps then start giving guys some rest.
The only thing worse than losing on a U12 wraparound goal play is losing by two wraparound goals. For the most part, a decent effort tonight, especially considering the hard game played the night before. That said, just a lot of situations where we were not sharp, not handling the puck well, and no finish in front. Part of Tampa’s success in blocking our shots was because our shots took so long to get off. Also, I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed that Coyle is still taking critical faceoffs with the game on the line. What is the point of bringing up Beecher if you don’t use him in those situations?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Marchand needs to sit the last few games of the season. The dude is a warrior but this season is aging him as it's gone on.
NHL players in their mid thirties should have their minutes carefully managed throughout the season, and if they're a little banged up, then sit 'em out for a few games

Being captain doesn't make him any younger....but limited minutes and proper rest will help him

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Marchand needs to sit the last few games of the season. The dude is a warrior but this season is aging him as it's gone on.
Does anybody know if he's legitimately carrying an injury(even if minor)? If so, I can't imgine they would make the mistake of letting an aging vet play through it heading into the playoffs.

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
What worries me more than losing this game is knowing that we cannot handle players like Jeannot. Maybe Maroon but if not we are in trouble. Lucic may have sunk the whole ship. I love Freddy, but he should not have to go up against the heaviest of the heavy. It's a recipe for disaster.

I think Marchand has too much on his plate with the C. Yes he's aging, yes he misses Bergeron making him better, but most of all being the C has hampered his style. He needs to be a rat to succeed and he's conflicted these days. It's a tough job. He needs some rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad