GDT: Game 74: Stars @ Coyotes ~ 3/24/16 7 p.m. PDT ~ FSA

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Actually, even before that line switch I thought that was Sekac's best game here, for whatever that's worth. Maybe Plotnikov's, too.

Sekac was a little more physical Tuesday, but overall I agree this was his best game. I get a prucha vibe from him sometimes with him offensively, he can do everything but finish. Dangle someone, drive the net for a glorious scoring chance, and then fire it over the net or into the goalies chest. Plotnikov didn't look any better than normal really imo, he's good for hitting people and crashing the net and not much else.

Good game, wish Marty could've gotten the hatty though. It was nice to meet doaner too(poster not player).

I don't watch Dallas much anymore since they moved divisions but I wasn't overly impressed with benn. I remember him in his younger days, but since he took off offensively the last few years I haven't seen him as much. I expected with his recent point totals that he'd be a little more noticable. Klingberg or however you spell it was pretty awesome though.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I really don't know why Tippett ever splits up Max, Marty and Duke. They're the only thing we have resembling a scoring line when they're together.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I really don't know why Tippett ever splits up Max, Marty and Duke. They're the only thing we have resembling a scoring line when they're together.

Look no further than holding the leagues highest scoring to one goal and he shall find the answer to your query.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We beat the Stars, be happy:)

I'm happy. Again, this team played a great team and not only hung in there, but beat them.

Yeah, cuz it's not like Hanzal and Domi starting putting up points and scoring goals literally IMMEDIATELY after Sekac swapped places with Duke on the french line.

Even if they did score when Sekac was on their line, I'm not sure what makes you think it's a good idea to play him on a regular basis with those two.

Look, they are evaluating Sekac and others to see if they have a place on this team. Duke will be here next year, the others, probably not, but you have to see what they have.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
After that stupid, stupid delay of game penalty at the start of the game I was surprised to see him back on the ice right afterwards. I would have planted his ass on the bench for at least the rest of that period.

Just got back from the game. Domingue played an incredible game and should have gotten the first star.

I agree. Duclair seems to have that one dumb play a game. It's a learning process for him but I think he panicked a bit on that play.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I like gravy on fries in general (doesn't have to be with cheese curds or cheese), but it has to be good gravy and it has to be poured on fries fresh out of the fryer so they're still crispy.

The poutine at Smoke's had subpar gravy and soggy fries. Deal breaker for me. I prefer my homemade stuff, or US Fries on Mill Avenue.

Smoke's are terrible. Had them once, never again.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

That has been explained about as often as your ''fire everyone'' posts. :)

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Look no further than holding the leagues highest scoring to one goal and he shall find the answer to your query.

Look no further than the last time we played Dallas, and those three skated circles around Benn and Seguin and combined for 9 points?

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I'm happy. Again, this team played a great team and not only hung in there, but beat them.

Look, they are evaluating Sekac and others to see if they have a place on this team. Duke will be here next year, the others, probably not, but you have to see what they have.

So they need to evaluate him on the top line? It's not like playing worthless grinders in our top-6 is something new that Tippett's never done before. He's been doing it for years now.

Tim Kennedy as a first line center. Tim Kennedy with Hanzal and Vrbata. Ribeiro with Moss and Klinkhammer. Dave Moss as the 6th. attacker last year. Chipchura in the top-9 on a regular basis last season, and the beginning of this year. Korpikoski with Vrbata and Hanzal. Pat O'Sullivan and Cal O'Reilly in the top-9 over Kyle Turris. Chris Connor in the top-6.

This crap's been going on for years now. Was Tip just "evaluating" those guys too?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
So they need to evaluate him on the top line? It's not like playing worthless grinders in our top-6 is something new that Tippett's never done before. He's been doing it for years now.

Tim Kennedy as a first line center. Tim Kennedy with Hanzal and Vrbata. Ribeiro with Moss and Klinkhammer. Dave Moss as the 6th. attacker last year. Chipchura in the top-9 on a regular basis last season, and the beginning of this year. Korpikoski with Vrbata and Hanzal. Pat O'Sullivan and Cal O'Reilly in the top-9 over Kyle Turris. Chris Connor in the top-6.

This crap's been going on for years now. Was Tip just "evaluating" those guys too?

Are you seriously arguing about the arrangement of the deck chairs? :shakehead

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Are you seriously arguing about the arrangement of the deck chairs? :shakehead

Yeah, cuz we totally have to do things like play Chipchura in the top-9, have Dave Moss as our sixth attacker, and now play Jiri ****ing Sekac on the top line. I'm sure there were literally no other possible options. Maybe if I was a genius demigod like Dave Tippett, I would understand these revolutionary concepts.

But tell me more about the budget and why it required us to use Moss as a 6th. attacker last year, and now requires us to put Jiri Sekac on what used to be our best scoring line.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
This team has gone full David Moss with regards to screwing the franchise of a much needed draft pick.

Only the hockey gods can save this franchise from itself and hopefully we will have a miracle at the lottery for us.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
This team has gone full David Moss with regards to screwing the franchise of a much needed draft pick.

Only the hockey gods can save this franchise from itself and hopefully we will have a miracle at the lottery for us.

OhhhhhMFG! We're dooomed!! DOOOOMED!!!! How *will* we ever survive picking 10th instead of 6th?

Jeezus, lighten up, people. The games are actually fun to attend again.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Our "much needed draft pick" happened last year. Turns out that we got several "much needed draft picks" at that draft.

What we need more than a draft pick is a winning culture. I for one am happy that they're invested in creating that before Strome and co. get here because otherwise... well, we've seen what's happened to the Oilers with all their super-duper draft returns.

Anyway, think of it this way - last year we tanked to get McJesus or the Eichel Tower and we ended up with the worst possible outcome. Maybe we have to be at the bottom of the lottery odds in order for karma to finally take notice of us. :laugh:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I hope if we are just out of the top 10 we move into it somehow. We have the ammo to make it happen and there are players right outside of it that may be on a teams list.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB

Agree 100%. It's borderline infuriating the team sucks ass all year just to turn it on the final 20 games to try and ruin any chance of improvement.

This team needs that #1 more than any in the league and year after year they perpetually mess it up. I know no matter what, chances are you lose the lottery but at least give yourself the best chance. These wins are so meaningless, and now we've got Sekac on the top line. Sigh.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

A wise old rancher used to say "the harder I work, the luckier I get".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad