Post-Game Talk: Game 74: Ducks swim into Kraken waters

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Solid win against a team you've got to beat if you want to make the playoffs.

giphy.gif

Jones looked better in this one and we took over during the game.

Next up L.A., who're now currently in 3rd place of the pacific division.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Good to know.

I thought it was potentially nine, but we have the edge on Nashville in case of a tie (two wins, one loss in overtime). So eight it is.
It could be 9 with Nashville, if we get a bunch of loser points and they get wins, I suppose. Good point.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Is it Nashville or Calgary to worry about? Feel like Calgary has improved recently. I'm thinking one of them catches Winnipeg.
We're 7 points up on Calgary and they have 7 games (max 14 points) left. So if we get 8 more points, either by them losing games or us winning them, it's impossible for them to catch us.

Winnipeg and Calgary could come down to the last game. They both have 7 games left and are separated by only 2 points. Their fans get to white-knuckle it to the end.

Basically, if we go .500 in our last 8 games and Nashville loses 1 game, we're in the playoffs.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
We're 7 points up on Calgary and they have 7 games (max 14 points) left. So if we get 8 more points, either by them losing games or us winning them, it's impossible for them to catch us.

Winnipeg and Calgary could come down to the last game. They both have 7 games left and are separated by only 2 points. Their fans get to white-knuckle it to the end.

Basically, if we go .500 in our last 8 games and Nashville loses 1 game, we're in the playoffs.
Looking at our last 8-

Kings @ home - leaning towards an L but Kings have been not great the last few games
Arizona @ home- win, Arizona suck away
Canucks @ away- you'd hope win but who knows
Arizona @ home- win
Chicago @ home- win
Coyotes @ away- hard to say. Arizona good at home
Vegas @ away- hard to say
Vegas @ home- hard to say (think we split one, especially if clinched by then and pressure off)

Just to care of business against Arizona and Chicago. During our stretch i'm guessing the teams behind us drop games. In fact i'm sure they all play each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kat Predator

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
This is the fun kind of suspense to have. Calgary and Nashville are dealing with the not- so- fun kind right now.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
The shot volume was fantastic last night. Quite a few good opportunities in that volume. So glad we are a shot-happy team. It amazes me that during the flow of the game, the Kraken can turn on the offensive barrage for about 2 to 3 minutes and just bombard the opposing team. They don't always score on the barrage, but they do show their offensive potency during the stretch. Fun team to watch.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Looking at our last 8-

Kings @ home - leaning towards an L but Kings have been not great the last few games
Arizona @ home- win, Arizona suck away
Canucks @ away- you'd hope win but who knows
Arizona @ home- win
Chicago @ home- win
Coyotes @ away- hard to say. Arizona good at home
Vegas @ away- hard to say
Vegas @ home- hard to say (think we split one, especially if clinched by then and pressure off)

Just to care of business against Arizona and Chicago. During our stretch i'm guessing the teams behind us drop games. In fact i'm sure they all play each other.
Really, there's absolutely no excuse to not make the playoffs with that schedule. Clinch a spot early and maybe those Vegas games end up being playoff match up previews and statement games. Potentially could end up playing them 9 games in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad