Post-Game Talk: Game 74: Ducks swim into Kraken waters

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Kraken win and Nashville loss and I'll feel a lot less stressed. Wondering if the arena will be emptier due to baseball opening day. Dumb to schedule at the same time

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
Hey tons of people will be arriving an hour plus early for the bobble heads, let’s be sure to close the bar for a private event.

I hate spending money on this team.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Kraken win and Nashville loss and I'll feel a lot less stressed. Wondering if the arena will be emptier due to baseball opening day. Dumb to schedule at the same time
We have to keep pace with Nashville and Calgary and/or Winnipeg in terms of points. It's going to be fun like a rollercoaster.

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
I just can't listen to Hextall. I have tried. I have really tried but she is the worst ever and will never become tolerable. Got to go without sound.

Reactions: Kevinsane

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Couldn't have hoped for a better start. Now let's not let up or take anything for granted.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
If we do make the playoffs, guess who will get a lot of support for Coach of the Year?

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
We are keeping the pressure on, which is good, but Anaheim doesn't seem terribly concerned about winning this game. Of course, a goal might change all that.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I've gotten so I can't take listening to Edzo and Jonesy. They do so many games, they spend a lot of time just talking about hot dogs and where they are going to go eat and who they saw at the airport.

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Oof Jones. I don’t like a 1 goal game (especially with this goalie)

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
An absolute nothing burger of a period with no iintensity at all and the fans in the seats making no more noise than they would at a funeral, and we give a horeshit goal with less than two minutes left. Drives me crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kat Predator

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I've gotten so I can't take listening to Edzo and Jonesy. They do so many games, they spend a lot of time just talking about hot dogs and where they are going to go eat and who they saw at the airport.
With tennis, my preferred sport, I no longer listen to play by play 97% of the time. I want to pick out the things to focus on, not what somebody else thinks I should be watching. In hockey, I keep the sound on but mostly just to hear crowd reactions--it's kinda just background noise, since Bob Cole retired anyway. It doesn't add to my excitement--one announcer is pretty much like another, unless they are hopeless homers in which case I just turn them off, too.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
With tennis, my preferred sport, I no longer listen to play by play 97% of the time. I want to pick out the things to focus on, not what somebody else thinks I should be watching. In hockey, I keep the sound on but mostly just to hear crowd reactions--it's kinda just background noise, since Bob Cole retired anyway. It doesn't add to my excitement--one announcer is pretty much like another, unless they are hopeless homers in which case I just turn them off, too.
The crowd noise does make it feel more like being there. The announcers can add to the game, giving some interesting points and nuggets.

What's not interesting is the color guy who talks about random garbage, giggles, and tries to be a comedian. I get it that if you''re the #1 color guy on 12 different networks and do at least 7 games a week, you're going to get a little fuzzy on where you are, let alone who's actually skating out there. It's easy to just blather, "that #42, wow, he's a player!" like that is something insightful. A lot of it is on the networks and the NHL for not developing more broadcasting talent and having an absurdly shallow pool to fish in.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
End of the 2nd.

Good guys: 2.
Bad guys: 1.

Martin Jones giving one up to end the period.
I keep wanting to tell him, "Martin, it's not too late to become a great sushi chef. The dumb son-of-a-bitch who suggested you become a hockey goalie was not your friend."

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Ducks are working out of Gretzky's office here.

Dunn lays himself out with a check along the boards. (sigh)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad